2018 civic 5dr manual - Poor performance/Nasty sounding vibration behind firewall.

SKiDKiD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
Hello, I have been a long time lurker of CivicX and decided to join and see if i can get some answers to issues im having with my car.

I have a 2018 Civic Sport 5 door Manual. it has 30,000Km on it. At about 6000KM i noticed a very nasty whirring/vibration noise coming from behind the firewall. Its coming from the center/passenger side. I took it to honda and they said that its just because its cold however that is not the case at all because it does it in the summer. It seems to just be getting worse as time goes on and its really embarrassing. I The car will sometimes run very well for about 10 min, then it will run like garbage. I believe the salesman said something about a flash he had for the car. I dont know if it was done of if he was just full of it... It seems almost like when the car gets hot the noise comes and it starts running very poorly. If i give it at all, even getting on the highway it will happen. I used to smell burning but have not for a while now. The car sounds like it has 400,000KM not 30k. I am going to bring it back to honda but i wanted to know if anyone can tell me what it may be?
The noise happens even when out of gear. It sounds like it is coming from right behind the firewall. I treat this car very well. I used to kick the hell out of my 97 si and it ran amazing for 20 years.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Motor mounts would be my first look even tho it shouldn't be an issue this early on. All I can say is get under the car while running and see.

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
Inspect the engine compartment and underneath for a loose heat shield. Pull the cabin filter and check for dead rodents. When the car gets hot, the main cooling fan will run. Check it too.
No idea about the performance issue. Mine is surprisingly quick. I can get rubber off the line and easily get rubber in second gear. If there is no check engine light, think of things the car's computer doesn't monitor.
Sponsored