cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
You can request service advisor to give your R to an experience tech, and or Foreman and have the technicians name as well. You can also deny anyone from road testing the vehicle and deny the carwash...

Then when you turn car in for service monitor how many miles on it, so that way you know vehicle was not driven.

If you address this to advisor clearly they usually follow protocol, as they do not want to be bashed on the customer survey.

if by chance you are the lucky few who actually know a technician personally or liked who worked on your car, you could ask for that specific techs name, so anytime you come back , its always the same person working on your car. Even go as far as personally thanking the technician and build a relationship with that specific tech.

Trust me that goes a long way, having been a Master tech at BMW for over 10yrs I had my own list of M guys that would only come to me for any type of work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
98-0425

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
My early 2018 has no recall. My 2017 Pilot has no recall. Seems like this expanded recall encompasses late 2018 to 2020.

rebelthepit

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag

JLLG

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKVI GTI, 2015 Odyssey, 2019 ABM Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi all. I am inquiring about this recall too, mine qualifies. Not looking forward too it, mostly fear fuel being spilled in the interior. I read thru the instructions, I definitely will be removing the seats and wrapping up the seat belt latches. My closest dealer has only done one so makes me a bit nervous. It is not overly complicated, just take a little care and pride. Hard to find.

I also plan on waiting and will be requesting no test drive (I assume just starting the car is good enough).

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
Hi all. I am inquiring about this recall too, mine qualifies. Not looking forward too it, mostly fear fuel being spilled in the interior. I read thru the instructions, I definitely will be removing the seats and wrapping up the seat belt latches. My closest dealer has only done one so makes me a bit nervous. It is not overly complicated, just take a little care and pride. Hard to find.

I also plan on waiting and will be requesting no test drive (I assume just starting the car is good enough).
you should be cautious, Unless it’s being takened care of by enthusiasts at Honda, they will treat it with the same of lack of care as they do with the constraints of time/money they are given

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I thought you had to wait for the notice because they don't have the parts

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
I just got mine, 2019 31656.

Anyone have any recommendations for Honda techs in the Bay Area? :(

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I've not gotten any notifications but my VIN Car #29K range is now listed. For a year it wasn't affected by the recall. I just hope the fuel pump holds on till they're readily available.

Cainho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag