2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
you would think that but I have a dashcam and enabled the voice that announces recording is happening on start up and for some reason they thought they could still get away with it.
Sponsored

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
dropped the car @ dealer today and had me reschedule for at least 2 months lol tf going on . No part and no eta

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
Same here, my appointment was last Saturday and no fuel pump available nationwide they will call me back when available.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
you would think that but I have a dashcam and enabled the voice that announces recording is happening on start up and for some reason they thought they could still get away with it.

IKR and what ended up happening as a consequence of them being caught? Nothing. They still hooned your car. Any damage that was done, especially if not immediately obvious, will never be remedied by the dealer. No one cares more about our cars than we do.

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I rather do this work myself.
To my knowledge, you need the dealer to remove the recall notice from your VIN and they will only do so if they did the work since they don't want to be liable for people doing the safety recall work improperly. If you don't plan to ever sell the vehicle, go for it

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I rather do this work myself.
For sure, but you have to pay out of pocket and hope that you did it correctly, and they also may deny any future warranty claims if you’re doing it on your own.
Maybe you can bring a lawn chair and hang out in front of the service bay and make sure there’s no nonsense going on ?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I think Honda also tends to want the broken/defective part back too.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Usually if there is a safety recall and you've already replaced the part at your own expense, even if with a non-oem part and for any reason, the company may choose to reimburse you cost and labor up to the factory recall cost. Worth a try, just call and ask when you get the recall notice.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Spoke to service advisor and it looks like at least mid june

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a feeling all the Type Rs have the fuel pump issue and they are slowly expanding the recall to keep up with the fuel pump demand...

What badge number 2019 are we up to? My old 29476 Has the Recall. My new 34514 does not (Yet)

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I have a feeling all the Type Rs have the fuel pump issue and they are slowly expanding the recall to keep up with the fuel pump demand...

What badge number 2019 are we up to? My old 29476 Has the Recall. My new 34514 does not (Yet)
Mine is 31966 and has recall

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

I’m not sure it’s all Type Rs. 2017 models don’t seem to have any recalls on the fuel pump. My 2018 hasn’t been flagged yet either. Something had to have happened or changed during the 2018 production run and stayed causes multiple production years to be affected. Maybe I’m wrong and they’ll start adding 2017-18 models into the recall list down the line?

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Given the type of failure they described, I'm sure they started with the oldest cars affected which seems like late 2018s. I don't think this issue should affect anything past mid 2020 either since the recall was posted around May 2020 so the issue was probably identified early 2020 and I don't think they would keep using defective fuel pumps in the production line if they already knew about it. So my guess is at most late 2018-mid 2020
Sponsored