Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Xdi is a hpfp. Im pretty sure the recall is for the in-tank pump. And for a recall to be issued, there has to be reports. Just because a member hasnt experienced it doesnt mean it cant happen
The LPFP was limited to 2017-early 2019, my understanding was this was the hpfp this time.

aldksgo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 R-24920, '14 FB2, '10 Impreza 2.5i
Country flag
I'm in Canada as well and got the same alert. I figured it wasn't going to happen given how long it has been but I guess they were just waiting. Not in a huge hurry to get mine done but will eventually. Let us know how it goes.
Yeah after time went on last year I was so happy I might've been lucky enough.. but alas!

Will report back how it goes for us Canadian folk..

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
There is a new second wave announced yesterday.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall 207C74C3-92F2-4203-B799-DFDD2804F717

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
What about the 2020+ Type R fuel pumps? are we using the same one or ?

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
i just check my 2019 and is affected, but so far I have not had any kind of problems.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
mine too. This recall is listed as a stop sale now which seems to be much more widespread. I haven't noticed any issues however.

CTSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
This doesn't seem to be a matter where you want to wait for something to happen to get it fixed. I got my '18 CTR done as soon as I got the notice. Never had a problem of any kind before or after the replacement. I waited for it , took about 2 hours and it's still working fine. For one thing it's free and, yes, some people have had trouble with the fix at some dealerships, but most haven't. If the fuel pump quits because the impeller has disintegrated the engine will stop. If that happens after you've just started the car that's one thing, inconvenient but safe. If you're doing 75 on an interstate with a semi tailgating you it could be quite another situation.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
This doesn't seem to be a matter where you want to wait for something to happen to get it fixed. I got my '18 CTR done as soon as I got the notice. Never had a problem of any kind before or after the replacement. I waited for it , took about 2 hours and it's still working fine. For one thing it's free and, yes, some people have had trouble with the fix at some dealerships, but most haven't. If the fuel pump quits because the impeller has disintegrated the engine will stop. If that happens after you've just started the car that's one thing, inconvenient but safe. If you're doing 75 on an interstate with a semi tailgating you it could be quite another situation.
Good point I already have the appointment in my local Honda dealership for this Saturday.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
when you check your vin it says the parts aren't available. I haven't gotten an official notice yet.

Miggytronz

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Are the 18 Hatches effected by this? I did the VIN search and itā€™s showing no recalls.

CTSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Because of the safety implications of this recall, it is a ā€˜controlled serviceā€™. That means that Honda must be able to track the cars that are likely to have the problem, that they have notified the owners, have provided a part to do the replacement, and that the replacement has been done. That explains the 'part not available'. It won't be available until you ask for it. As some have mentioned, if you are supposed to get the recall done, but donā€™t, it may eventually not be possible to transfer the title of the car under your state, local, and possibly federal laws. If your VIN is not showing in the recall list, you are not eligible to receive that service until it is, if ever. That makes sense as the cars were built in various places all over the world at different points in time with different batches of fuel pumps. Presumably, Honda knows which fuel pumps went into which cars and therefore which should be recalled and replaced. Some vehicles in the general model groups and years may need to be recalled and some not. Under this protocol Honda cannot just send out truckloads of fuel pumps to dealers to deal with the issue. Each part must be ordered for the specific vehicle that is on the recall and the replacement recorded. In my case, my CTR VIN was on the list, so I called my local dealer. They scheduled the service appointment, received the replacement fuel pump from Honda within 24 hours, and it got done
Sponsored

Last edited: