2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall

Dvolved

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM CTR, 2015 RS1 FRS
Country flag
That's what I'm waiting for, since a few have said that has happened to them. I might call up a few Honda dealers around me to see if they'll replace it, but I have a feeling it'll be a no, until it fails or shows up on recall we won't.
Its a really disconcerting feeling, not knowing whether or not your fuel pump is going to die on you and leave you stranded.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Its a really disconcerting feeling, not knowing whether or not your fuel pump is going to die on you and leave you stranded.
That is very concerning... My warranty is also up too. So if the fuel pump goes, it's technically not free since there's no recall for me. I am happy I purchased an extended warranty with the car, though it's through a 3rd party (one that the dealer I purchased from uses).

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Had the recall done yesterday. Made an appointment for it to be done Tuesday morning. Dealership did not do it till Wednesday. Not happy about that. Haven’t driven it much since but today I had a brief moment where I smelled gas. Tomorrow I’ll have to try it more to see if it happens again.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
Took mine in today. On the drive to the dealer I noticed my A/C was blowing warm so now they have to look at that too. They didn't even pull my car into the shop until late afternoon so they have to keep it overnight. Then diagnose the A/C..

nick_takov

First Name
Nikola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R R-21190
Country flag
Had mine done last Wednesday, left the car on Tuesday night got a loaner (did transmission fluid, new rim installed and alignment so they needed some more time to finish it) got call Wednesday night that is ready as promised they said they needed it for full day and picked it up Thursday morning , cant notice any difference how it drives. I messed up and showed up with full gas tank bc I forgot I had an appointment to drop it off and fueled up that morning , only thing is that car smells a little like gasoline lol Probably spilled some while doing it since it was topped off but thats on me for not thinking. Didn't fuel up yet again, hopefully they fitted it right back in as i read here horror stories about gas leaking out when fueling up for the first time after recall

eshults5

First Name
Eugene C Shults
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Had my recall done, but with a horror story. About 2 days after I got mine back it died in the middle of an intersection, same symptoms as running out of fuel. Had the "exhaust system warning" and everything. Turns out they didn't put the fuel pump on correctly, something about the suspenders being off.

While they immediately took care of it the next day and roadside assistance was useful, that could have been a disaster for me. Honda should have type R certified engineers in regions or for any car model that isn't so common. I wouldn't mind waiting longer for service if I know it's going to be done right the first time.

Jinba-Ittai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Had my recall done, but with a horror story. About 2 days after I got mine back it died in the middle of an intersection, same symptoms as running out of fuel. Had the "exhaust system warning" and everything. Turns out they didn't put the fuel pump on correctly, something about the suspenders being off.

While they immediately took care of it the next day and roadside assistance was useful, that could have been a disaster for me. Honda should have type R certified engineers in regions or for any car model that isn't so common. I wouldn't mind waiting longer for service if I know it's going to be done right the first time.
sorry to hear that. For anyone getting the fuel pump done, I suggest finding out through the dealership who their top tech is and requiring that the work be done by him/her. I actually did this and came to meet the tech before he started to job and showed my appreciation in advance. As I explained on my earlier post above, I also removed the seats myself so the tech can just focus on the pump. It was a pleasant surprise to the tech. He knew then what type of owner he was dealing with. There are very good dealer techs out there but we need to seek them out.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
For people in NJ, freehold Honda did mine. No issues after nearly a month and 2k+ miles.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
So picked mine up after the recall. They pulled it up and the car was running. My phone was having Carplay issues so I shut the car off and when I tried to start it..nope. Tried a few more times and it wouldn't start. Left the car sitting right in front of Honda..

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
So picked mine up after the recall. They pulled it up and the car was running. My phone was having Carplay issues so I shut the car off and when I tried to start it..nope. Tried a few more times and it wouldn't start. Left the car sitting right in front of Honda..
After I picked mine up, I stopped to fill up the gas tank. Afterwards, the car didn't start, acted like the battery was completely dead. Popped the hood and found that the tech had left the ground wire loose on what I assume is the battery monitor. It's a Y off of the main battery ground and once tightened I had no issues. Good chance you have the same issue.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
After I picked mine up, I stopped to fill up the gas tank. Afterwards, the car didn't start, acted like the battery was completely dead. Popped the hood and found that the tech had left the ground wire loose on what I assume is the battery monitor. It's a Y off of the main battery ground and once tightened I had no issues. Good chance you have the same issue.
it cranks but won't turn over

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag

holy shit man, I'm sorry that happened. mine was a horror story too, then they gave me some bullshit reason to try to keep my car over the weekend after I had proof that they were ripping it up and down the fucking street then lied to my face about it. I ripped them a new one on Yelp lol

Dvolved

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM CTR, 2015 RS1 FRS
Country flag
2k miles since fuel pump replacement and a trackday. No issues whatsoever.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Wow, a bit surprising/shcoking how poorly some of this recall work quality has turned out..
Sponsored