Chrisp1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Type R, 12' Mustang, 05' STI
Country flag
Got mine this upcoming Wednesday, they had to order the part but sounded like it would take no time to come in. They were ready to schedule me a couple days later.

I think I will remove the seats myself. NO one cares about my car as much as I do..I can assure you that?
Sponsored

martindtjr

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R 19, Sienna XLE15, Xa 06, Camry 92
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got mine this upcoming Wednesday, they had to order the part but sounded like it would take no time to come in. They were ready to schedule me a couple days later.

I think I will remove the seats myself. NO one cares about my car as much as I do..I can assure you that?
I'm taking mine back. It's leaking fuel, after I filled up.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Well I must have had the shit end of the stick on this one...they "worked" on the car for 5 hours only for me to take it to the gas station and have $30 of gas gush out from the bottom. Had to call Honda Roadside to get it towed back and have to keep it overnight because it was after 4pm and he tells me it wasn't going to get finished that night. They gave me a loaner. Thennnn they say it was a gasket and a retaining clip that was damaged when they put it back together and acted as if they would have to keep the car there over the weekend because they were looking for just the clip. I went to the operations manager and he made sure it got fixed that same day, got a tank of gas, and i got the car back. Nobody ever take their car to Markley in Fort Collins. And that's the short version. The tow guy was super nice and careful with the car. Freaking 2 day ordeal.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall 20200806_145547

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall 20200806_160014

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall 20200806_145537

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I got the recall done but it looks like from the dash cam footage the car was only in the service garage for a little over an hour. Wondering if they even properly did the work lol. the only bullshit I had to deal with was the tech that drove it into the service bay decided to give it a rev. I haven't seen any issues with leaking fuel or any other problems.

martindtjr

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R 19, Sienna XLE15, Xa 06, Camry 92
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same thing happen to mine, it's the gasket. It maybe done by next tuesday. It wasn't leaking that bad.

OP
OP
98-0425

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
If you're worried a tech will damage something, the dealership replaced the b-pillar interior panel because they scratched it while removing my seat for warranty work. The scratch was only a couple of inches long.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
If your VIN doesn't come up with a recall at this point, you're good
There are people on FB pushing the idea that all FK8s are affected by the issue, but Honda for whatever reason wants to roll out the recall in batches. Granted I don’t believe it at all, but there are people on FB pushing this idea.

ManEatingPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
There are people on FB pushing the idea that all FK8s are affected by the issue, but Honda for whatever reason wants to roll out the recall in batches. Granted I don’t believe it at all, but there are people on FB pushing this idea.
Well considering the fact that car manufacturers legally need to notify owners as soon as there is a known safety defect/recall, I doubt Honda would try to do this rollout method for the recall. But I am now interested to see if these speculations turns up anything. what FB posts/groups are you seeing this? I would like to see what people are saying to make them believe this is affecting all FK8s

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Well considering the fact that car manufacturers legally need to notify owners as soon as there is a known safety defect/recall, I doubt Honda would try to do this rollout method for the recall. But I am now interested to see if these speculations turns up anything. what FB posts/groups are you seeing this? I would like to see what people are saying to make them believe this is affecting all FK8s
Mainly in the FK8 owners group I’ve seen a few people pushing around this idea. Like I said, I don’t believe it’s true at all.
Sponsored