2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall

Prodigy71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav 4 , GTI
Country flag
Hey guys! I got my car back from the dealership today for the recall. Just wanna share my experience. Dropped it off at 840 am and got it back at 1 pm. Overall, I do feel a difference. It might be placebo, it might not be.

I noticed a very small difference but when I step on the gas now, there isn't a little hesitation anymore. The car feels like it is powering thru the RPM. Maybe I Haven't noticed this before because that was how the car always drove when I first got it. Also, there used to be a buzzing sound near my dash when I stepped on the gas but it's gone now too.
Sponsored

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
i put my vin in and it says I have 1 unrepaired recall and the status showed recall incomplete.

JDmower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Well I’ll give my update. I ordered a Delphi from one vendor on 6/14. They said would ship the following week. Checked today, has been rescheduled to Aug. So I called and cancelled the order.
Fortunately (I hope) ordered a second from another vendor, and is supposed to ship July 13. So I also called my Honda dealer and ordered a fuel pump from them. They said there was only one in the whole country but to call back next week to see if it had come in. I also scheduled a diagnostic check from them when the fuel pump comes in. Now it’s wait and see who comes through first, and when.

EraZorX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
When they service vehicle for the recall, do they need to remove the wheels? I'd prefer to avoid having the dealer remove my wheels if possible - not a lot of clearance between the lug nuts and my aftermarket wheels for me.

CW20038TypeR

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW type r 2018
Country flag
Can you guys with symptoms be more specific ?

also what is involved of the install. My kit is pretty low not sure if they need to lift the car at all? Or remove wheels or anything ?
Anyone know where it’s located ? I heard they take off the rear seat ?

J3T

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I was told only backseat was removed.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
took it in today for the recall. got a call 5 hours later to tell me they don't have the part and it won't be in until tomorrow morning. sigh.. I really hate the dealership sometimes.

Mat8754

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Took my car in yesterday for the recall work, got a call an hour later saying they don't have the part for the type r. Back to the dealer today and they completed the work, had the car for a little over 3 hours.

ShawnOverload

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just found this so figured I'd submit my first post. I scheduled the replacement for last Friday at Honda Village in Newton MA. After scheduling and hanging up the phone, I was not very confident they had the part. Called up the parts department the next day and they didn't have it in stock and they had to order it for the service. Dropped the car off the following day and the service was done in 4 hrs. Picked up the car and was told my car was the first one they've done. Later in the weekend, I went to the gas station as the car was reading 1/4 full. After filling the car, the fuel gauge still reads 1/4 full. WTF. Going back in next week. :(

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I'm convinced that my low pressure pump is crapping out. I tried to have my car custom tuned yesterday, and no matter what he tried, the tuner could not add any power to the top end (even when my duty cycle was at 85% or less). My VIN isn't included in the recall though, for some reason (I have a '19).

Is there a good aftermarket low pressure pump that I can order instead of waiting for the recall?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Sharing in case it helps others needing recall repair done... make sure dealer orders part and tool if needed, and might take a couple days to secure a part.
Called American Honda (800) 999-1009 to inquire on low pressure fuel pump recall status; phone clerk confirmed my 2019 affected. My incident assigned to Grace, an American Honda case manager that set me up with a Honda dealer (Goudy Honda in Alhambra, CA) that ordered the low pressure fuel pump and appropriate tool from American Honda; took a day to ship. Appointment set up at dealer and repair done in about 4 hours from part arrival. Got a complimentary service for a needed tire rotation from Goudy manager Chris as service recovery for being a little delayed; this should get me to the end of life for stock tires and i will get to scratch the itch to try new tires...its the little things. Over the couple days waiting for repair, needed to UberX around for work/life- as FK8 is my daily- and let American Honda know repair slightly delayed and I needed to pay for rides, because understandably due to operating hours Goudy wasn't able to get a rental/loaner set up in early evening. Grace @ American Honda let me know Chris from Goudy let her know about this too, and my UberX expenses can be submitted for reimbursement. Since repair drove about 40 miles of street & spirited drives without issues. Confident miles and fun smiles are back.
Does your VIN also show up as being affected on the Honda Recall website?

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag
no recalls for my 2018 Canada
My 2018 Canadian Type R came up with the recall. I'm taking mine in Monday for the repair. Booked the appointment 3 weeks in advance, called in to confirm if the part was on site as well. I'm still keeping an open mind to dealership shenanigans, lol. Hoping it will go smooth so I can start installing mods.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
This is an absolute bitch of a recall to perform. We remove the rear seats to access the fuel pump from a special access panel, we do not remove your wheels or the tank. Getting this sending unit assembly in and out without bending the fuel gauge level is very hard and the tank lines do not want to get out of the way. Less experienced technicians have broken the sending unit ($900 part). I have yet to see a CTR come in on the tow truck or have verified an issue with one of the pumps, just doing the recalls as told.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 typeR
Country flag
Took my car in for the service today after my dealer informed me of the recall. Took around 3.5 hrs. Easiest trip to the dealer ever.
Sponsored