Sponsored

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
my build date is 1/19
My build date is also 1/19 but my car has not shown up on the recall list when checking my VIN as of yet. I assume I will eventually be recalled, but who knows.

JDmower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Funny that I found this subject right off. My wife and I took about a 30 mile ride late this afternoon. About half way through it “Rev Match System“ and finally “Emissions System Problem” showed up on the dash. But that wasn’t all, power was drastically reduced, it kept stalling and I barely made it back home.
So then I went to this website to see if others have had the same problem and I found this link right off. The R was manufactured 05/18, has 3548 miles. It seems to display all the problems identified in the recall. My question; is there a replacement aftermarket pump fuel pump. The reason being is that I don’t want to wait who knows how long and go through all the Honda recall procedure when it would be far simpler to just replace the fuel pump myself.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall 9ECB6869-382C-412B-AD9A-18350012ECF7

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
Funny that I found this subject right off. My wife and I took about a 30 mile ride late this afternoon. About half way through it “Rev Match System“ and finally “Emissions System Problem” showed up on the dash. But that wasn’t all, power was drastically reduced, it kept stalling and I barely made it back home.
So then I went to this website to see if others have had the same problem and I found this link right off. The R was manufactured 05/18, has 3548 miles. It seems to display all the problems identified in the recall. My question; is there a replacement aftermarket pump fuel pump. The reason being is that I don’t want to wait who knows how long and go through all the Honda recall procedure when it would be far simpler to just replace the fuel pump myself.

9ECB6869-382C-412B-AD9A-18350012ECF7.jpeg
Unfortunately, if you want to ever re-sell the car, you need to perform the recall with Honda. This recall will show up on all future CarFax-like reports, so you are responsible for taking it and getting it fixed should they notify you properly. Once the fix has been made by a Honda rep, it will display on your car report that it has been completed. So there's no way around a proper recall unless you're selling to an individual who does not care about CarFax reports.

JDmower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I have sold many cars and trucks through AutoTrader which have outstanding recalls. But because I sell them before the warranty expires it has not been an issue. What I don’t want, is to wait who knows how long it will be before Honda has the parts and schedule to fix it. If a better aftermarket part is available now, I don’t mind fixing it myself so the apparent delay waiting is avoided.

Dmon808

Lost FK8 in Hawaii
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
6/2019 here. Recall out for my car

armenls1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R
Country flag

But your car is under warranty? So regardless they need to fix it if something goes wrong, right? Please do correct me if i'm wrong.. I don't think they can ask you to park your car for months untill a solution is found.

I feel like having the issue come up early is just a way to fast-track to the solution. It's cars that are not experiencing the symptoms yet that have to wait.

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

5/18 build date should not be affected by the recall. Your car might be experiencing a separate issue.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2020/RCLRPT-20V314-8555.PDF

Honda determined which cars are affected by supplier fuel pump records, most likely the serial numbers or QR codes that are stamped on the fuel pumps that are scanned accordingly when the car is assembled on the line to tie them to VINs.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall 1592333446243

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Well manufacture date of June 2019. Hopefully that's accurate and I won't be affected by recall. I check my VIN at Honda-Recall and it says "no recalls" as of today June 16.

Last edited:

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
02/19 build date here, no recall yet

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
02/19 build date, no recall yet.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag

There is if you really want to go that route. My 4/17 never had any light for the pass 30k miles.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have an appointment to have the fuel pump replaced under recall. Seems Honda just received the updated pumps.

Prodigy71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav 4 , GTI
Country flag
just received a call today by my dealership, my car has the recall lol hopefully itll feel different when they change it
Sponsored