2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall

the_log_ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Got my car back a couple of weeks ago from the dealer, and so far running fine. Real test will be when I refill the tank. Crossing fingers again.

9/10 Update: Filled the car up completely yesterday, and everything's running perfectly fine now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Will this recall cause the car not to start?

I haven’t done the recall ans today I went to start my car andwhen I hit the start button it just cranked and didn’t start. Did it two times in a row then it started no really after that.

Any idea If this is relayed to the recall of something else? Thanks!

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
If it did after it started. i would go and do the recall, i havent done it either i havent had aby issues yet

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
Will this recall cause the car not to start?

I haven’t done the recall ans today I went to start my car andwhen I hit the start button it just cranked and didn’t start. Did it two times in a row then it started no really after that.

Any idea If this is relayed to the recall of something else? Thanks!
If the pump is failing, it might not provide enough pressure to run the car.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Thanks guys. Yeah first thing I thought about was the recall but it’s weird it’s starting after.

Anyhows I have a laundry list of stuff for them to play with.

1) Fuel pump recall
2) Valve cover gasket leak
3) Possible rear main seal leak

CTSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Why is there is there any question about this? It can be life or death. The mfr. has issued by law a very expensive recall. If the fuel pump fails the car may not start or the engine won't run and may suddenly stop. Worst and most catastrophically you're in traffic and the engine abruptly stops and you have not just no power, but nothing else. Get it done. If you don't trust your dealer to do it correctly either watch him closely or find one that you can trust. Mine went fine and all is OK.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why is there is there any question about this? It can be life or death. The mfr. has issued by law a very expensive recall. If the fuel pump fails the car may not start or the engine won't run and may suddenly stop. Worst and most catastrophically you're in traffic and the engine abruptly stops and you have not just no power, but nothing else. Get it done. If you don't trust your dealer to do it correctly either watch him closely or find one that you can trust. Mine went fine and all is OK.
Ok, you can calm down, buddy…

There is no question about having to have the recall done so you don’t have to worry about this. The question was if it could be the cause of a no start situation while still being able to start after two no start attempts. I work remotely, have a busy family life and hardly drive the car so I haven’t done this yet.

atranho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR
Country flag
Had mine done a week ago. First fill up the car smelled so bad of gas I had to back it out of the garage. ( It was literally unbearable reminded me of sitting next to a barrel of gas ) Now after 30 miles of driving Emissions warning / Auto Rev match CEL. Waiting on solution from dealer.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
Checked my build date on my 2019. Its 11/19. And so far no issues and no recall notices.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2019 July build and mine was recalled but I don’t have the stock LPFP anymore so they gave me the kit if anyone is interested in it just PM me.

Mario_dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic sedan 1.5 turbo 6 speed manual
Country flag
Hello just to share my experience, i have a 2020/04 civic 1.5 turbo sedan, bought in Germany.
The car started having issues 2 months ago, with symptoms of fuel shortage. after a short journey (30/45 min) i would stop at gas station or other short stoppage, the car then would start for 3 or 4 secs then stalled. After an hour or so trying to start, and when service was about to come car would start (after cool down)
At first since it was an intermitant problem, and the guys at honda dealer didnt know about the low pressure fuel pump issues, they said they couldnt find or diagnose the problem. It was only when i insisted several times, and showed them the recall (even if my car VIn wasnt eligible) and told them that it had all the reported issues at honda recall paper, was when they contacted the factory.
After 2 weeks at the dealer they come to the conclusion, it was the low pressure fuel pump... really??... sigh
My car is from 2020, im certain all cars civics, hrvs, crvs etc... made at least until the fault was discovered ( i believe it was November 2020) will have this issue, be it USA, Asia, India, Europe, because all used the Denso fuel pump.
The only reason they didnt issue all the recalls is because kf parts avaiability. Period

Mario_dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For your information, and a more technical aproach the "cool down" that i mentioned, was really the fuel and fuel pump dropping in temperature to somewhat normal, that would cause the impeller on the fuel pump that had swelled before, would return to proper form.
The issue only happened when i stoped the car because when the car was running the swelling wasnt suffice to stop the momentum the pump had. When i stoped, and then restarted due to the swelling the pump couldnt gain that momentum to work. The car starting and then stalling right away was because it consumed thr fuel still in the fuel line.

Mario_dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Also i share the honda recall mechanical paper with all info, symptoms and how to do the repair
The car was picked up last thursday, and today im back at dealer. Huge smell of gas inside even more when i start the car and it runs. Fuel consumption up by 0,5 Liters. Probably they didnt follow up the procedures and didnt sealed up the oring, or installed vapor tube correctly. I already tried venting the car all weekend.
Be on alert its what i sugest.
Sponsored

Attachments