Casom03

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
Funny that this showed up now since beginning of February my car(stock 2017 fk8) started losing power and the check engine light came up with the rev match emissions problem screen which it seems to be standard to any check engine issue; I went to the dealer and they connected the car to the computer and said it was a valve leak, got it fixed and 2 days later got the same check engine light and lost of power, second diagnosis said faulty fuel rail, got it replaced and 3 days later same issue, they kept the car for the rest of the month, got it back at the beginning of march after they had to contact Honda to escalate the issue and it came back as faulty high flow fuel pump. they replaced the parts and is been working great so far. They couldn't figure out why the issue happen in the first place but my warranty cover the cost. Definitely have it checked out if you can.
Same thing happened to me and my 2019 Honda CTR. Dealer states that it's not part of the recall. Doesn't make sense to me. Dealer also states that doesn't know when they will be able to get the parts in due to this recall, maybe a month or two. It's been into the service center five times, before they finally figured out it's the fuel pump. I'm seriously considering using the Lemon Law to get rid of it. Total nightmare.
Sponsored

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Same thing happened to me and my 2019 Honda CTR. Dealer states that it's not part of the recall. Doesn't make sense to me. Dealer also states that doesn't know when they will be able to get the parts in due to this recall, maybe a month or two. It's been into the service center five times, before they finally figured out it's the fuel pump. I'm seriously considering using the Lemon Law to get rid of it. Total nightmare.
You should write a letter to NHTSA. If your car is not covered by the recall they will want to know. It’s a safety concern that they are trying to contain with some known parameters. Honda Corporate will not like that so tell the dealer that you plan to write a letter to NHTSA informing them the recall doesn’t cover all the cars with the issue.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Just got mine done. Scheduled it for opening time and waited for it, 2.5 hours. BTW, the dealer will always have to order the part as it is a 'controlled service' Honda doesn't just send them a bunch of pumps for stock. They have to have a VIN and an appointment to get the part, which normally comes in overnight.
Accurate info here.

FYI, Honda just recently expanded this recall to cover Fits, Accords, HRV, and Non-CTR Civics as well. Per the bulletins:

" Due to swelling of the fuel pump motor impeller, the fuel pump may seize and stop working. If this occurs, the engine may not start, or the engine could stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash."

If I had to make assumptions, manufacturing clearance issues didn't account for as much thermal expansion as in real life application?

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
There are people on FB pushing the idea that all FK8s are affected by the issue, but Honda for whatever reason wants to roll out the recall in batches. Granted I don’t believe it at all, but there are people on FB pushing this idea.

They have been known to do this. They did it with the Takata Airbag recalls, due mostly to lack of replacement parts. BUT, having said that, Honda needs to track failures and production dates. They aren't about to just willy nilly replace roughly 1.2 million (us market) civic pumps, they want to know what pumps are failing by production run and replacing those pumps first.

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Accurate info here.

FYI, Honda just recently expanded this recall to cover Fits, Accords, HRV, and Non-CTR Civics as well. Per the bulletins:

" Due to swelling of the fuel pump motor impeller, the fuel pump may seize and stop working. If this occurs, the engine may not start, or the engine could stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash."

If I had to make assumptions, manufacturing clearance issues didn't account for as much thermal expansion as in real life application?
The swelling is from leaving it near solvent, which the plastic absorbs .

From the recall information:
Vehicles being recalled are equipped with fuel pump modules containing impellers produced during specific periods under specific circumstances (lower density impellers exposed to production solvent drying for longer periods of time).

Dvolved

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM CTR, 2015 RS1 FRS
Country flag
#32956 with build date of 09/19. Fuel Pump died on me in a parking lot a couple days ago. Dealer is replacing. I never got any notice for recall, and my VIN doesn't show its affected, but I guess it is lol.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
#32956 with build date of 09/19. Fuel Pump died on me in a parking lot a couple days ago. Dealer is replacing. I never got any notice for recall, and my VIN doesn't show its affected, but I guess it is lol.
Yikes! My 2019 isn't listed either.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
my service rep won't answer my voicemails to schedule this.. once my tank is low again I'm going to ask if they even still have the part and to just give me a different rep. I could care less who it is..

Jinba-Ittai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I took both out. Pretty sure the bottom and backs need to be out for access. Only takes a few minutes to remove and reinstall the bottom and backs.

And probably a good idea to have as little fuel in the tank as practical.
The actual service bulletin from Honda includes the full removal of seats

Jinba-Ittai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Did my fuel pump recall at dealer. I removed the seats myself before taking it in to the dealer. This allowed me to remove and store the seats in a meticulous and calm way and the tech to just focus on the pump during the job. I brought in the car with less than a 1/4 tank of gas. Filled up after the job—all perfect (no smells, etc.). Watching the gas gauge closely to ensure all is working on well.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall 1508CFE6-1917-4FC4-BFE8-F052C7645993
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall 1508CFE6-1917-4FC4-BFE8-F052C7645993
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall 3E10EF74-F753-451F-A466-0C06EEFA8935
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall 4816B9FB-27FF-49AF-9A3C-5B63B64FD95C
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall A4406271-F709-4CD5-B95F-D12C1F7A1019
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall B9B8B60D-C647-4C45-A888-07B2114A6EB0
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018-2019 Fuel Pump Motor Recall EDAE42E2-88BA-46A8-9813-53F167186D03

Last edited:

dormiens_fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Type R
Country flag

Blazinqwickly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
I've been checking mine every day for my 2019 I bought in September that year, still nothing.

Dvolved

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM CTR, 2015 RS1 FRS
Country flag
I have a 19' and just got the work done. Got an recall mail from Honda to get it fixed. If your car isn't listed on the Honda website (https://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/recalls)and you didn't get mail from Honda regarding the recall, I would think you are safe as it doesn't affect all vehicles.
Mine wasn't listed on the recall list, and I also didn't get any mail regarding the recall. 09/19 build date. My fuel pump still took a dump on me.
Sponsored