King_pat

First Name
Phat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic si
Country flag
(NOTE: I posted this originally in the Type R specific forums, but considering it also applies to the regular hatchback models, I figured I would also post it here for hatchback owners who don't visit the Type R forums.)

My friends linked me the below article concerning a recall for some of us. Apparently a fuel pump can fail and the engines can stall and lose power. Honda is recalling 1.4M vehicles to replace the fuel pump free of charge. Affected vehicles are 2018 and 2019 model year Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R models.

Article link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...x-faulty-fuel-pumps/ar-BB14WokP?ocid=msedgntp

Full text:
Anyone here have any issues related to the fuel pump recall ? If so are there any codes or loss of drivability that theyā€™ve experienced. I got a 2019 civic si and the vin is affected and had issues with my car but am unsure if itā€™s the fuel pump that is causing it. I was driving on the highway, did a pull, and car started throwing a bunch of errors. I couldnā€™t take it out of sport mode or switch the driving mode, wasnā€™t getting any boost, I am full bolt on right now. I read forums online saying that I could have a boost leak from installing a aftermarket intercooler but I checked all my clamps and they were all tight. So I donā€™t know what else to do.
Sponsored