2018/2019 Civic Hatch Fuel Pump Recall

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
(NOTE: I posted this originally in the Type R specific forums, but considering it also applies to the regular hatchback models, I figured I would also post it here for hatchback owners who don't visit the Type R forums.)

My friends linked me the below article concerning a recall for some of us. Apparently a fuel pump can fail and the engines can stall and lose power. Honda is recalling 1.4M vehicles to replace the fuel pump free of charge. Affected vehicles are 2018 and 2019 model year Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R models.

Article link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...x-faulty-fuel-pumps/ar-BB14WokP?ocid=msedgntp

Full text:

DETROIT (AP) — Honda is recalling nearly 1.4 million vehicles worldwide because their fuel pumps could fail and cause engines to stall or lose power.

The recall includes 136,000 vehicles in the U.S. It's part of a larger recall of fuel pumps made by parts supplier Denso.

Honda said in a statement Tuesday that it has no reports of crashes or injuries. Owners will get notification letters in late July. Dealers will replace the fuel pumps at no cost to owners.

The U.S. recall includes the 2018 and 2019 Honda Accord, Civic Hatchback, Civic Type R and HR-V as well as the 2019 Fit and 2019 and 2020 Insight. Also covered are the 2019 Acura RDX, RLX and RLX Sport Hybrid and the 2018 and 2019 NSX.
Sponsored

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Honda has been calling me non stop the last few days to bring mine in for the recall.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Still waiting for this to hit Honda Canada. Haven't heard anything yet and nothing listed online by VIN.

swankyjake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Just called over to my dealership after getting mail about it for my '18 EX Hatch. They are awaiting parts and will call me back to setup an appointment. Told me I must have the whole back seat clear as well as less than 1/2 a tank of gas. Also said it was an all day thing and that I could use their shuttle service.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I checked using my vin and says there's no recall for my ride... Guess, I'll keep checking.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Screenshot_82.png

This is what I get with my VIN
Have you noticed any performance issues? I read on a similar thread in the Type R group that some noticed a loss of power or fuel cutoff.

swankyjake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Have you noticed any performance issues? I read on a similar thread in the Type R group that some noticed a loss of power or fuel cutoff.
Not much, but I have noticed that at times the car will lag more when pressing on the gas. Not sure if it's related, I thought it might have been a bad fillup at the Shell. The parts are in and I'll be taking it on next Tuesday.

Wylde06

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine doesnt show up as being part of the recall. Is it only certain trim levels? I have a 19 EX

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine doesnt show up as being part of the recall. Is it only certain trim levels? I have a 19 EX
It's across the board... Did you do a vin search? I did and my EX also didn't come up as needing the recall...

nags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
.....and they called me to come back and pick it up cause they realized they didn't have the parts. Gotta love dealerships.

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
Thanks for this thread. Just scheduled my appointment for Monday. Phew.