2018/2019 Civic Hatch and Civic Type R - Fuel Pump Recall

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fellow FK8 Owners:

My friends linked me the below article concerning a recall for some of us. Apparently a fuel pump can fail and the engines can stall and lose power. Honda is recalling 1.4M vehicles to replace the fuel pump free of charge. Affected vehicles are 2018 and 2019 model year Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R models.

Article link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...x-faulty-fuel-pumps/ar-BB14WokP?ocid=msedgntp

Full text:
DETROIT (AP) — Honda is recalling nearly 1.4 million vehicles worldwide because their fuel pumps could fail and cause engines to stall or lose power.

The recall includes 136,000 vehicles in the U.S. It's part of a larger recall of fuel pumps made by parts supplier Denso.

Honda said in a statement Tuesday that it has no reports of crashes or injuries. Owners will get notification letters in late July. Dealers will replace the fuel pumps at no cost to owners.

The U.S. recall includes the 2018 and 2019 Honda Accord, Civic Hatchback, Civic Type R and HR-V as well as the 2019 Fit and 2019 and 2020 Insight. Also covered are the 2019 Acura RDX, RLX and RLX Sport Hybrid and the 2018 and 2019 NSX.
I'm sure those of us affected will receive something in the mail in the near future.

Side note: Interestingly enough, Toyota has had a similar recall for some of their models concerning a fuel pump. Wonder if it's the same?
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Fellow FK8 Owners:

My friends linked me the below article concerning a recall for some of us. Apparently a fuel pump can fail and the engines can stall and lose power. Honda is recalling 1.4M vehicles to replace the fuel pump free of charge. Affected vehicles are 2018 and 2019 model year Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R models.

Article link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mo...x-faulty-fuel-pumps/ar-BB14WokP?ocid=msedgntp

Full text:

I'm sure those of us affected will receive something in the mail in the near future.

Side note: Interestingly enough, Toyota has had a similar recall for some of their models concerning a fuel pump. Wonder if it's the same?
Doesn't Toyota use Denso for some of their OEM applications as well? It could be the same issue.

OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Zeffy94

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just USA? Not Canada?
Not sure, but the article does say 1.4m vehicles worldwide, so I'm inclined to think it should? I think we just need to wait and see.

Saturo.fk8

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R Fk8
Country flag
Hey fellas,

Sorry to post on an old thread but last Saturday my car died on me similar symptoms lose power and won't start. I have 2018 CTR

I already contacted the dealership and am just waiting for them to call me back

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
My car is at 16K mileage, and it doesn't have any issue at this moment - should I have go for this fix?
Anyways, my local store is still waiting on the parts, and they said it would probably take weeks. o_O

Saturo.fk8

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R Fk8
Country flag
I finally got the car back on Monday and my local dealership said that the fuel pump had failed so they replaced it under warranty.

Car is running with no issue anymore.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
I just got a letter saying the we will get another notice once the parts are available in US, so I guess nobody in US has got this recall done yet, right?
Sponsored