First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello all!
i am having an issue where all of my cylinder's are misfiring, not bad to where it will trip a code or run rough. my OBD Scanner live data stream is saying its misfiring. cylinder 4 misfires more than the others by a good margin. cylinder 4 misfired 35 times in a drive lasting about 20-25 min 15 min of it was idling where you can tell somethings going on. engine sounds and runs just fine other than that. only modification i have is a PRL Intake that i just put in today. and yes it was doing this before i installed the intake. it had a K&N intake and had a little boost leak and now it doesn't after installing PRL. car has 8,300 miles. Any ideas? if i can attach the data stream i will. thank you!
Sponsored

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
No codes? Probably rusted spark plug and/or coils.

Need data to confirm

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Pull the coil packs and maybe plugs. Sometimes water gets in from the hood scoop during washes. A few members have had rust build up in the spark plug wells.

OP
OP
KILURSkurse16

KILURSkurse16

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No codes? Probably rusted spark plug and/or coils.

Need data to confirm
okay, i will pull plugs and sparks. thank you! i have tried to find a way to get the data off of my thinktool pros but cant seem to figure out how. i will try and find a way in the next couple days.

also if their is rust and such how would i go about dealing with that?
Thank you!

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
with the coil removed and plug still installed, i'd blow any moisture/water out with compressed air. then begin by swapping the coil with another one from a working cylinder. See if the misfire follows the coil pack. Replace coil pack if it follows, replace plug if it doesnt.

OP
OP
KILURSkurse16

KILURSkurse16

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hello all! I replaced spark plugs and also replaced the battery. And so far after idling for about 10 min no misfires of any kind. It did misfire once during warming up. After i restarted never misfires again. So hopefully its ok now! I will report back if not. I’m attatching pictures of the spark plugs. This car only has 8300 miles. They have a little oil burn residue by the looks of it. Look a tad darker for 8300 miles. Let me know what ya’ll think. I got that car at 1300 miles in december. I just drove from Oregon to ARizona and back.other than that i dont drive it to crazy but like to put a smile on my face from time to time lol.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Type r Missfire no code(s) 790986CD-2BC7-4C36-BC09-382AFE2D6E2E
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Type r Missfire no code(s) 409ABE9D-FF56-4584-A5DC-5E1718F9B72A

OP
OP
KILURSkurse16

KILURSkurse16

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hello all! I replaced spark plugs and also replaced the battery. And so far after idling for about 10 min no misfires of any kind. It did misfire once during warming up. After i restarted never misfires again. So hopefully its ok now! I will report back if not. I’m attatching pictures of the spark plugs. This car only has 8300 miles. They have a little oil burn residue by the looks of it. Look a tad darker for 8300 miles. Let me know what ya’ll think. I got that car at 1300 miles in december. I just drove from Oregon to ARizona and back.other than that i dont drive it to crazy but like to put a smile on my face from time to time lol.
790986CD-2BC7-4C36-BC09-382AFE2D6E2E.jpeg
409ABE9D-FF56-4584-A5DC-5E1718F9B72A.jpeg
Sadly it is still misfiring seems like all but 1 cylinder. I’m going to swap coils from known non misfiring cylinder. Still need to some more driving to make sure that 1 isnt misfiring. It doesnt misfire while idling anymore just misfires while driving normally around. Any other suggestions?

blacklightning.fk8

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had code P02CF come up on mine recently, small misfire at idle and sputter during partial throttle. Code was injector related. I also tried changing spark plugs and swapping coil packs but issue stayed. I ran a bottle of injector cleaner and it seemed to have helped a little. Waiting to see if the check engine light will come back.

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
Plugs->Coils->Injectors

since you’ve changed plugs and only have one cylinder misfiring I’d check the coils/injector for that cylinder.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Not for nothing. But this is a direct injected engine. Excessive carbon fouling can create misfires as well.