2017 Sport Touring H/B CVT Flash questions?

FLASH OR NAW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I've been doing all the research possible for the Ktuner Flash with the dual mode for my car.
I daily this car, so I don't want to destroy my car or void my warranty. What do you think my options are? Just wait it out or buy another ECU and flash that?
Again, I REALLY want a little more power out of my car, and if it opens the option to an intake and other supporting mods I definitely will take consideration into buying it.
So it falls down to the question, should I or not?
I really love this car, and the last thing I want to do is destroy it by recklessly modifying it.
Sponsored

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's the thing,
Go for it, but be aware that you are going to be putting more strain on your transmission. It will void your warranty if you make that belt go blamo, and you have to accept that as a fact. You're making it take more than it was made for. Your warranty is only for the car as it was sold, Making it do more than they sold it to do. You are taking that risk by adding power.

You can be smart about it though, by not running the most obscenely powerful tune you can imagine and going with, say, a +3psi tune. With a CVT you do need to be more conservative, after all, your car was not sold to be a race car, it was sold to be a daily driver. My EX is a CVT and I realized that there was "enough" power one night when I lost traction from a light in light rain while being careful, which sealed the deal on me ever running a tune.

In the end, it is really still up to you. If you think that the risk of loosing a tranny is more important than a bit more feeling on the butt-dyno, go without. If you need that extra power and can deal with whatever problems may arise, turn that boost up and let it rip. Your choice.

OP
OP
swah_fk7

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's the thing,
Go for it, but be aware that you are going to be putting more strain on your transmission. It will void your warranty if you make that belt go blamo, and you have to accept that as a fact. You're making it take more than it was made for. Your warranty is only for the car as it was sold, Making it do more than they sold it to do. You are taking that risk by adding power.

You can be smart about it though, by not running the most obscenely powerful tune you can imagine and going with, say, a +3psi tune. With a CVT you do need to be more conservative, after all, your car was not sold to be a race car, it was sold to be a daily driver. My EX is a CVT and I realized that there was "enough" power one night when I lost traction from a light in light rain while being careful, which sealed the deal on me ever running a tune.

In the end, it is really still up to you. If you think that the risk of loosing a tranny is more important than a bit more feeling on the butt-dyno, go without. If you need that extra power and can deal with whatever problems may arise, turn that boost up and let it rip. Your choice.
I was thinking about that Dual Mode tune that uses the ECON button as a On/off on the increase of boost. It's +6 with the econ off and I would only ever use the +6 Boost in situations where I'm cruising with friends / other enthusiasts. I don't plan to really race my car, just want a little more power so I can have fun in the rain. As of right now, I run 19" wheels with 245 front tires. I do not peel tires at ALL on dry asphalt. I definitely want to run thinner tires but I also want to actually "move." I don't plan on doing launches from lights or anything like that. Just rolling in the 40s and do a pull or two with some friends. I'm not a reckless driver, just like to have fun in a spirited way.
Sponsored