2017 Sport Hatchback 6MT

Buzz_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
I believe it's 3.1 cu ft. 25.7 cu ft vs. 22.6 cu ft with the rear seat up. But oddly enough, with the rear seat down, the area for both sport and non sport are the same at 46.2 cu ft3.
I really think this has to be a misprint on the initial spec sheet, like the LED brake lights (there are none). It's not like the exhaust bulge goes away when the seats are folded down, the floor is still 3-4 inches higher in the very back regardless. It should probably be exactly 3.1 cu ft. less, so 43.1 cu ft. for the sport models with the seats down. Unless the seats of the sport fold down lower somehow to make up for the bulge?
Sponsored

OP
OP
the1dynasty

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really think this has to be a misprint on the initial spec sheet, like the LED brake lights (there are none). It's not like the exhaust bulge goes away when the seats are folded down, the floor is still 3-4 inches higher in the very back regardless. It should probably be exactly 3.1 cu ft. less, so 43.1 cu ft. for the sport models with the seats down. Unless the seats of the sport fold down lower somehow to make up for the bulge?
The 3rd brake light is LED

For someone not caring about spare tyres, they could easily swap the panel out on the sport/st with one from another trim to get 3.1 cubic feet back... You won't have a spare but at least you'd have cargo volume ;)

Carrera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Share a 2015 Rav4
Country flag
I see this car is still listed for sale on their website.
I would of thought it been long gone by now being a MT.
I'm watching them in my area and sales are very slow on all hatchbacks.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Same in my area. One dealer has had the same 6 hatchbacks on their lot for nearly a month.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same in my area. One dealer has had the same 6 hatchbacks on their lot for nearly a month.
Looking @ cars.com's inventory I've seen this too. Strange, for all the hype you'd think there'd be a decent following...

But they're all waiting for the Si ;)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, it's one of those love or hate designs. The coupe and sedan are much "cleaner" looking if you see all 3 side by side. I also think a lot of people are waiting for some reviews with real world numbers from places like Car and Driver. It's kind of strange the hatch has been out this long and no reviews from any major car publication.

HatchbackKev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2003 Civic EX coupe
Vehicle Showcase
That car looks awesome man!!! Your gonna love that thing

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Gitty like a school girl! She is everything I was hoping for and then some. now I'm looking for any and every reason to get out of the house and drive it around town. Tough with 4 kids, but u can't neglect my 5th baby!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Sport Hatchback 6MT 20161116_111953

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
I'm in the Chicago area and have been calling numerous dealers, checking autotrader/cars.com and there has only been 2 manuals w/in 200 miles one in Racine Wis it sold in less than 48hrs I couldn't get there early enough. and one popped up 50 miles from home I went and test drove it and the car is great I had a 14 Si sedan and the hatch is just as nice much quieter, its pretty peppy for a little 1.5 obviously I didn't take it much over 4k. after very little haggling I left a deposit and will be picking it up Saturday MSRP $22135 sale price of $20630 being OTD for $22462 w/ 7% tax, doc fee and plates.

joedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback ,1993 Nissan Altima,2003 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Honestly, it's one of those love or hate designs. The coupe and sedan are much "cleaner" looking if you see all 3 side by side. I also think a lot of people are waiting for some reviews with real world numbers from places like Car and Driver. It's kind of strange the hatch has been out this long and no reviews from any major car publication.
Here's a link to car and driver, first test of Civic Hatch, impressions of 6 speed mt. jd

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/a31556/2017-honda-civic-hatchback-first-drive/

joedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback ,1993 Nissan Altima,2003 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Gitty like a school girl! She is everything I was hoping for and then some. now I'm looking for any and every reason to get out of the house and drive it around town. Tough with 4 kids, but u can't neglect my 5th baby!

20161116_111953.jpg
Congrats, Red n black looks great.
Sponsored