2017 Sport Hatchback 6MT

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Can't wait to get my 6 speed sport, put a deposit down on one in white orchard pearl today. Should be arriving in about two weeks.
Sponsored

Buzz_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Sorry to say but the sport is really stripped of features in the U.S. I don't think the sticker price will be that inelastic.

OP
OP
the1dynasty

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to say but the sport is really stripped of features in the U.S. I don't think the sticker price will be that inelastic.
MSRP is around $22k starting... The Sport will sell just fine... The Accord Sport is our best seller and it's literally an LC Accord with 19" wheels and led lights... The Civic Sport offers so much more than the Accord at a starting price of about $4k less...

It's gonna be a hot seller... Expect dealers to not wanna budge...

Buzz_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
MSRP is around $22k starting... The Sport will sell just fine... The Accord Sport is our best seller and it's literally an LC Accord with 19" wheels and led lights... The Civic Sport offers so much more than the Accord at a starting price of about $4k less...

I'm sure you guys will do fine on the sport but c'mon dude.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

Do you guys add accessories onto the car (like alarm, paint protection wax thing, basically things that you can't say no to) to price gouge the customers since you know for a fact that the car will sell?

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Do you guys add accessories onto the car (like alarm, paint protection wax thing, basically things that you can't say no to) to price gouge the customers since you know for a fact that the car will sell?
Most dealers do that. I'm glad I put a deposit on one that was in transit. The guy told me it will come bare, and they can't even drive it since there is a deposit on it.

vinhnguyen96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 07
Does the sport steering wheel has volume control buttons? I don't see anyone mentions it.

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Just got an update from my dealer that my Sport Manual has an ETA of 12/7. It's crazy to see the varying delivery times on these hatches.

Commissar Smersh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Accord EX-L V6
I did just notice that this space where the tyre goes is flatter than on the regular hatchback... This leads me to believe that the exhaust will NOT fit on any trim other than the Sport or Sport Touring... And eventually Si/R

You actually lose cargo volume on these trims over other trims with a normal exhaust...
Is the volume lost from raising the spare a few inches for the exhaust? Is the back still flat when the seats are folded forward like the standard hatch?

Buzz_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Is the volume lost from raising the spare a few inches for the exhaust? Is the back still flat when the seats are folded forward like the standard hatch?
The non-center exhaust trims have a cargo area that is much deeper. The back is not flat on either when seats are folded. The very back is lower on the LX, EX, EX-L than the rest of the floor, and it is higher on the sport trims. I would say it is maybe 3-4 inches higher, maybe more. For those that care about cargo space I think it's substantial. If you have four people in the car and say you are taking a weekend trip somewhere, yeah that could get annoying.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
The non-center exhaust trims have a cargo area that is much deeper. The back is not flat on either when seats are folded. The very back is lower on the LX, EX, EX-L than the rest of the floor, and it is higher on the sport trims. I would say it is maybe 3-4 inches higher, maybe more. For those that care about cargo space I think it's substantial. If you have four people in the car and say you are taking a weekend trip somewhere, yeah that could get annoying.
We know you lose 10% of the trunk area, or about 2.2 sq. ft. I find it annoying, why didnt they use dual exhaust one on each side? This is all for visual effect? But giving up rear armrest and leather steering wheel would suck too on the LX.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
We know you lose 10% of the trunk area, or about 2.2 sq. ft. I find it annoying, why didnt they use dual exhaust one on each side? This is all for visual effect? But giving up rear armrest and leather steering wheel would suck too on the LX.
I believe it's 3.1 cu ft. 25.7 cu ft vs. 22.6 cu ft with the rear seat up. But oddly enough, with the rear seat down, the area for both sport and non sport are the same at 46.2 cu ft3.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
But giving up rear armrest and leather steering wheel would suck too on the LX.
I dont think the Sport has a rear folding armrest either. Remember for the most part the Sport is an LX.
Sponsored