TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you go with something that's like a year old it should have good functionality with the car especially yours being a 17. I installed a like 4 year old double din Sony in my 17 hatch sport and it worked pretty well except for the buttons on the steering wheel, I could get everything to map except the back button to restart a song. So if you go with something newer but not necessarily brand new, it should work out pretty well. I don't like brand new as often times they haven't worked out kinks on compatibility with different cars and you may be stuck waiting on an update or some bs. I'm sure if you just google "head unit swap 10th gen civic" and then repeat with "head unit swap 2017 civic" you'll see tutorials and you can see if the people doing the videos have issues and whatnot. If you like their radio and it went smooth, then there's your proof that it works properly. For the most part swapping a head unit is easy except wiring the harness and setting the steering wheel controls (if they don't map correctly the first time) so I usually do it myself... not sure on what it costs. I have a hunch over there in Cali, they might run you like $200 for something like that...
That's a very good idea, I didn't even think about that. I will have to do some research coming up soon then I guess! Haha. Is everything usually just plug and play when doing the physical install? Or do you have to run a new harness usually?
Sponsored

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's a very good idea, I didn't even think about that. I will have to do some research coming up soon then I guess! Haha. Is everything usually just plug and play when doing the physical install? Or do you have to run a new harness usually?
Yeah man just set aside like 30-45 mins to sit on youtube and see how other people's installs turned out. Usually you have to buy a harness and "bridge" the two connectors if you will. Basically you want to send the signal on a particular wire from the car to the proper input on the radio so the system sees it properly. Because all cars (or most anyways) have different connectors inside the dash, the radio company can't make a one size fits all solution they sell with the radio. Crutchfield actually now makes special ones where they do the additional wiring for you, that would be a good place to look. Just reach out to them and tell them what you're looking to do and they can help guide you as well.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was one of the things I brought over from my old car, but back then, it was suction cup mounted to my windshield. Can't quite remember where I got it from, exactly, but 90% sure it was amazon. I know I got the ball mount from amazon, for sure.

It's a RAM X-grip mount, and I swapped out the suction cup base for one of these angled bolt bases. I used the existing hole for the cubby light hole (my hatch was not equipped with the light) to mount the base. A 1/4"-20 pitch countersunk bolt (hex drive) works perfectly to secure it

Reactions: tvo

andy0821

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic hatchback sport
Country flag
That's a damn pretty look to that car. I will check that one out too. I'm just not sure if I like the red accent on that because I'm trying to keep my vehicle white/black all over haha. Since we're on the topic, what other kind of cosmetic mods have you done to yours?
hey buddy, want it to know where the pinstriping you got it from

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hey buddy, want it to know where the pinstriping you got it from
If you're talking about the pinstriping on the lip in the quoted message, that's mine. I posted a link to the pinstriping I used in the post right above yours (post #37)

andy0821

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic hatchback sport
Country flag
If you're talking about the pinstriping on the lip in the quoted message, that's mine. I posted a link to the pinstriping I used in the post right above yours (post #37)
great! i saw it haha. the rear diffuser is hard to find at the 90$ price anymore. sad