Mrparis

First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
anyone who owns a 2017 si how is it going? what millage you have now on the car? any problems?
things you like? thinks you dont like?
do you think it will make it to 200k miles ?
Sponsored

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Check out the Si forum, there are a few threads like this there.
P. S. ...it's doing freakin' awesome, after 11 months. :)
Agreed on both counts!
I've learned so much from this forum (especially the Si forum that @dmitri pointed out) and I find myself on it more than I'd care to admit.
I've had my Si for 11 months as well, and have about 17.4k on it so far. No issues at all.

Things I like:
  • Fuel economy (avg 35 mpg)
  • Style (despite the hate it gets, I love the front and rear of this thing)
  • Performance
  • Ease of use (nothing complicated, no fussy electronic nannies, just get in and drive)
  • Bang for the buck (lots o' stuff for a great price)
  • Easy to mod (at least the beginner level stuff I've done like LED replacements)
Things I don't like:
  • Thin paint (this paint seems to get scratches/chips if you sneeze too close to it)
  • The color (this one is entirely my fault...I didn't want black but it was all they had and they were "unable" to locate me literally any other color. I would have waited but I didn't want to screw around too much and have something else go wrong on the Jeep I traded in). I really really really REALLY don't enjoy having a black car)
  • Wheels (meh, I don't really like them too much and I'm too cheap [i.e. married with children and not allowed] to get new ones)
  • Lack of volume knob (I've gotten used to it, but I still wish I had one)
  • People that give the 10th gen Si a bunch of crap for any of the following:
    • Not having VTEC
    • Not having a different engine than the mainstream Civic lineup
    • Not being a 9th Gen
    • Not being an 8th Gen
    • Not being a 6th Gen
    • Not being a Type R
    • Not having as much power as:
      • Focus ST
      • WRX
      • GTI
EDIT:
Hang on....I just realized @Mrparis is the same person who posted this:
Hi civic heads

I have a few question for the si

I just test drove a 2018 civic si coupe and was very impressed with it.
honda got it right ... I was looking for my next car with better mpg and came across the si
I used to have a 2003 si the "Egg" and that car was fun to drive.
so here goes my questions
1: do those si seats start to bother you on long drives?
2: why is the coupe si cheaper on the used market than sedan? seems no one wants the coupe . I test drove the coupe.
3: is the info tatment system a issue in the si?
4: are they any special finical for si like 0 percent for 5 years ?
5: how do you like the 450 watt radio?
6: whats the best mpg you got so far? si only
7: long term owner ship ? has it been reliable?
8: does the 6 speed heat up after long used making it hard to touch the metal shifter?
9: is it a cop magnet?
10: which do you like better coupe or sedan? i think they both look great.
11: do you see yourself eating donuts in your si?
https://www.civicx.com/threads/2017-si-long-term-test-drive.23867/

Were the answers in that thread not sufficient? Why are you posting a new thread about this? I get it when some people don't bother checking before posting a thread about something that has already been posted, but this thread is the same as one you posted about a month ago.

You seem to have questions about Si ownership and things people have experienced. As I mentioned in my post from your previous Si ownership questions thread:
This forum has a wonderful search feature
In that post, I provided several links to relevant threads. If you really are interested in an Si and what we've experienced, and if you want to be a productive member of this community, I recommend checking them out and also respecting the other members and not posting duplicate threads of things you've already asked.

Please know that I mean no offense and I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm glad you're interested in the Si!
Just trying to help!

Last edited:

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only negative thing of any substance I can think of is rev hang, but the other trims have that as well. It's a great car.

ChinStrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
just passing 10k miles on my 17' Si Sedan. I would buy it again.

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
I have over 10k kms and no real issues. The only problem is when I skip to the next song while using blue tooth it takes a solid 2-3 seconds to actually change.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Just reached 30,000 on mine. Yeah, I hate the rev hang. Doesn't feel as tight as it did new, but nothing feels loose or worn either. The seats are wonderful. The exhaust sound has matured a bit and it might be a bit louder. I've gotten used to the qwerks of the design and really enjoy being in, and driving this car.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
About 11,000 miles since buying it late last summer. Great car, excellent fuel economy, fun to drive. Highly recommend picking up a ktuner 1.2 or Hondata (used from a forum member). The stock boost control is less than generous. The available basemaps really wake the car up.

YoshiExcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I bought my car used (only 300 miles!) over 3 months ago. I already have 10k miles on it. I live out in the country so I have a super long commute to work ( 70 miles each way).

The good:
- It's still fun!
- Easy to drive.
- Excellent daily driver for long drives.
- The handling.
- Getting 38.4 MPG

The bad:
- Paint chips easily.
- 1st and 2nd gear are super awkward to me and my passengers hate this. I thought maybe it's just me since it is my first manual car, but a co-worker bought one too and he agrees with me.
- I am hearing this weird metal on metal grinding kind of sound on the front right side of the car while coasting to a stop.
- Frequent fill ups despite getting 38MPG due to the small tank.
- The tires kind of suck, I will be sure to upgrade to some really nice performance tires once these are ready to be replaced.
- Rev hang...
- Wish I had a sedan as I really need it, but I got a really "good deal" on this used coupe.