Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Country flag
Hi civic heads

I have a few question for the si

I just test drove a 2018 civic si coupe and was very impressed with it.
honda got it right ... I was looking for my next car with better mpg and came across the si
I used to have a 2003 si the "Egg" and that car was fun to drive.
so here goes my questions
1: do those si seats start to bother you on long drives?
2: why is the coupe si cheaper on the used market than sedan? seems no one wants the coupe . I test drove the coupe.
3: is the info tatment system a issue in the si?
4: are they any special finical for si like 0 percent for 5 years ?
5: how do you like the 450 watt radio?
6: whats the best mpg you got so far? si only
7: long term owner ship ? has it been reliable?
8: does the 6 speed heat up after long used making it hard to touch the metal shifter?
9: is it a cop magnet?
10: which do you like better coupe or sedan? i think they both look great.
11: do you see yourself eating donuts in your si?
1. No. They're actually super comfortable on longer drives.
2. Coupe just holds less value cause it's less practical, I think. Similar trends could probably be found on other models with a coupe and sedan.
3. I like it, but I use Android Auto almost exclusively.
4. Not that I'm aware of, but I'm not in the market. Though summer time sales will be coming up soon.
5. I love the speakers. They aren't the greatest thing I've ever heard, but having a sub built-in is so nice. Handles volume really well.
6. Just got 40 MPG on about a 50 mile drive, mostly highway, but city on the end.
7. Haven't had any problems so far, but I've only got 7500 miles.
8. The shift knob does heat up in direct sun. It sucks, but you can A) grab the leather around the outside or B) pretty easily replace the shift knob.
9. Haven't been pulled over yet. Typically drive 8-9 over on the highway.
10. I bought the coupe. The spoiler seems to fit better on it and between that and the wraparound taillight, it is a complete look, imo.
11. I do. And I do regularly, lol
Sponsored

StickShiftMyButt

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (grey, sedan), 2018 Honda Civic Type-R (black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi civic heads

I have a few question for the si

I just test drove a 2018 civic si coupe and was very impressed with it.
honda got it right ... I was looking for my next car with better mpg and came across the si
I used to have a 2003 si the "Egg" and that car was fun to drive.
so here goes my questions
1: do those si seats start to bother you on long drives?
2: why is the coupe si cheaper on the used market than sedan? seems no one wants the coupe . I test drove the coupe.
3: is the info tatment system a issue in the si?
4: are they any special finical for si like 0 percent for 5 years ?
5: how do you like the 450 watt radio?
6: whats the best mpg you got so far? si only
7: long term owner ship ? has it been reliable?
8: does the 6 speed heat up after long used making it hard to touch the metal shifter?
9: is it a cop magnet?
10: which do you like better coupe or sedan? i think they both look great.
11: do you see yourself eating donuts in your si?
1. i haven't had any issues with comfort, and i daily my '17 Si
2. i own the sedan, there are a few factors which affect used car value, so i'm not really sure that's a question to asking opinions on.
3. the infotainment system is a little slow to change between screens, but 90% of the time, i'm using android auto, which i don't really have any issues with.
4. that's going to depend on the dealership or special offers straight from the manufacturer. you can just check the website.
5. the stereo is decent. i think it could use more depth; it doesn't sound like 450 watts. but the music sounds pretty clear at loud volume, at least. i listen to some pretty brutal stuff, so i'm sure the stereo is going to sound better with something softer and more melodic, perhaps.
6. never really paid attention to it, but the way i see it, it does really well for a 200+ hp car.
7. so far so good. i'm about 10k miles in.
8. not really after long use, but the sun will make it scalding hot. i have a thin glove in the door compartment for just such occasions.
9. no, it looks like a base civic with the bumpers from the hatchback. it's a "sporty" car, not a sports car. and most cops will just assume it's a base civic, most likely.
10. i like the way the coupe looks better, and it has a better spoiler. but i have a kid, so i got the sedan, which doesn't look a whole lot different.
11. wtf fwd