Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
Hi civic heads

I have a few question for the si

I just test drove a 2018 civic si coupe and was very impressed with it.
honda got it right ... I was looking for my next car with better mpg and came across the si
I used to have a 2003 si the "Egg" and that car was fun to drive.
so here goes my questions
1: do those si seats start to bother you on long drives?
2: why is the coupe si cheaper on the used market than sedan? seems no one wants the coupe . I test drove the coupe.
3: is the info tatment system a issue in the si?
4: are they any special finical for si like 0 percent for 5 years ?
5: how do you like the 450 watt radio?
6: whats the best mpg you got so far? si only
7: long term owner ship ? has it been reliable?
8: does the 6 speed heat up after long used making it hard to touch the metal shifter?
9: is it a cop magnet?
10: which do you like better coupe or sedan? i think they both look great.
11: do you see yourself eating donuts in your si?
Sponsored

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
Hi civic heads

honda got it right ... I was looking for my next car with better mpg and came across the si
2: why is the coupe si cheaper on the used market than sedan? seems no one wants the coupe . I test drove the coupe.
8: does the 6 speed heat up after long used making it hard to touch the metal shifter?
1. Nope. 9 hours and was still comfortable.
2. can't speak upon price. but coupe styling >
3. it can be kinda slow but i just leave it on siriusxm
4. can't speak upon.
5. sound is fine. not spectacular but above average.
6. 46mpg on that 9 hour drive with cruise control
7. 12k miles and 0 problems.
8. it's extremely hot if you've been parking in the sun.
9. no. red probably is.
10. COUPE
11. uh?

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very good car, I would get the sedan, i prefer the longer profile that makes it sleeker and it is much more practical

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi civic heads

1. This forum has a wonderful search feature:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/si-seats.16266/

2. No idea

3. Meh. It’s ok. But I usually leave it on satellite radio or USB.

4. As mentioned in a reply to one of your other posts:
Honda's website will give you the answers you're looking for.
5. This forum has a wonderful search feature:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/2017-si-factory-sub-how-does-yours-sound.14020/

6. This forum has a wonderful search feature:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/2017-honda-civic-si-mpg.13787/

https://www.civicx.com/threads/underrated-mpg.15992/

https://www.civicx.com/threads/why-si-vs-type-r-cause-mpg-lol.14754/

7. This forum has a wonderful search feature:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/how-are-your-si’s-holding-up.23194/

8. This forum has a wonderful search feature:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/yikes-scorching-hot-shifter-knob.12764/

9. Mine hasn’t been. YMMV

10. This forum has a wonderful search feature:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/poll-which-one-will-you-buy-the-coupe-or-sedan-civic-si.11243/

https://www.civicx.com/threads/coupe-vs-sedan.15086/

11. No. I don’t eat while I drive, and I don’t hang out in my car when I’m not driving it.

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
1: Personally I've experienced my butt falling asleep on drives > 3 hours. My daily commute is 1.5 hours each way and I do ok on those.
2: No idea
3: It doesn't bother me, I really only listen to my ipod and it seems to work well with that
4: No idea
5: No problems with the radio, it gets loud enough that I can hear it over the road noise while driving
6: 47 mpg on one drive to work (80 miles). I average about 36-37 mpg in the winter and now that it's warmer I'm seeing average mpg of about 41-42.
7: So far with 18K miles on it everything seems ok aside from all the rattles (sunroof, dash on the driver side, rear deck, rear struts when it's cold)
8: Never had the transmission heat up so much I couldn't touch the shifter... but sitting in the sun... ouch
9: Haven't experienced any attention from cops
10: I like the coupe... I've only ever owned 2 door cars and never had a use for sedans
11: I've eaten quite a few meals and donuts in my Si

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
1. I took a 4 hour road trip no problem.
2. 4 doors are more useful to more people.
3. Sometimes a little slow.
4. Not that I know of.
5. I think the radio is actually pretty good.
6. 41 mpg
7. I've had no problems after 10,000 km and 10 months.
8. The shifter mostly heats up due to the weather. Also cold in winter.
9. I got a grey sedan so it's not a cop magnet.
10. I like the sedan just in case I need to drive people around.
11. I do eat in my SI.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I've done several 500+ mile road trips in this car. It's probably the best all-rounder next to the GTI. But having so many shared parts with the EX-T, this car will be much cheaper to maintain long term.

If you're worried about resale get the sedan. Both will hold their value better than any other car in this segment.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Longest drive I have had was 3 hours, was quite comfortable. A/C cranked, heated seats on medium
Not much weight savings in the coup, same price. That being said, I've seen waaaay more 10th gen SI coupes than sedans around me in NJ
It's tolerable if you have an android phone, abyssal if you have an iphone - but I think iphone users should be used to an abysmal experience by now
the head unit is hackable, able to watch netflix and youtube while driving, able to run ktuner/hondata apps on the head unit
No idea, but I'd highly suggest contacting an independent credit union to see about getting a better rate. Honda offered me 6.5% and I was able to get the dealer to increase my trade in value to compensate me for not using an outside credit union. A few months later I went with a credit union and refinanced for 3%. My credit score is around 725
I'm a 40 year old guy with a 33 year old wife, two young kids and a 3rd on the way. I also have hearing loss in my left ear from installing highs right next to my ear in a previous car. I rarely have the volume above 20, usually around 10-15. The speaker balance in terms of where the frequencies get directed...... could be better, but it's not horrible
2017 Civic SI, easy drive from West Windsor NJ to Philly - 58mpg. My normal commute is shorter, from Toms River, NJ to Tinton Falls, NJ - I average 42mpg regularly on my commute
over 10,000 miles, Hondata +6 reflash from around 4000miles, +9 reflash with scramble from around 7000 miles. Zero issues
I keep a white cloth eyeglass case over the shift knob as it has metal and black leather on it, I've had multiple cars with similar knobs burn the fuck out of my hand in the past, white cloth prevents that issue, that being said - it's never heated up from driving
Not at all, very low key
I like the smaller bottom faux vents of the coupe, and the wide brake light too. But the sedan costs the same, and has far more room. I've got two kids seats in the back
I guess it's more likely than doing donuts in it

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Don't have an Si but can speak on it since I ride in one pretty often.

1: Not me. Roomie is a big dude and seats don't bother him either.
2: We both have coupe civics. We both like them better.
3: Infotainment is hit or miss. Carplay likes to complain sometimes.
4: Not that I know of.
5: My EX-T has it, and its pretty good. Sub Rattle is annoying on bass heavy songs.
6: 37mpg. Roomies Si is at 35. YMMV.
7: Hasn't broken down on me yet. Roomies Si is doing well too. I have 10k miles he has 5k.
8: With the metal knob that comes with it, if you leave the car in the sun it will be hot. Shift carefully till it cools.
9: My 8th was a cop magnet but havent gotten pulled in the 10th yet.
10: Coupe.
11: Probably not, we tend not to eat in our cars if possible.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I'll speak to a couple. I have a 2017 Si Coupe...

5. the radio, with all openable glass open doesn't seem nearly loud enough. That's typically at speeds above 80. Below that, with windows open is ok. Quality seems pretty good though I almost solely listen to talking...

6. I only avg 26ish, but mostly either city or highway with stoplights every mile and a half.

11. Depends on the kind of donut and if I'm moving. I can't drive with my knees as well as I could on my other cars. The seated position, for me, is a bit racy to eat and move. Sitting there and eating goes just fine. Black interiors are probably not conducive to powdered donuts, and by probably not I mean totally not.

Deleted member

I'll keep it short and simple since others have answered the specific questions. The gen 10 Si is awesome- great gas mileage, comfortable, plenty of room in the trunk, nice selection of technology on board, and most important it drives superbly. 5500 miles on mine and zero problems. I would definitely buy it again if I could do it all over.

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
Nope, extremely comfortable even when sitting in them all day while still being bolstered just enough to hold you in your seat through sharp maneuvers. This is coming from a 280lb, 5'10" guy. On the other hand, the Type R seats are extremely well bolstered, but I can't see myself sitting in them for more than a couple of hours before feeling uncomfortable.

Coupe is less desired in general because 4 doors = more utility. If there was a hatch model I'm sure the sedan would be priced lower than that on the used market as well.

No issues so far. I've heard horror stories of the android based head unit locking up and freezing but I have not experienced it in my car yet. Sure I wish it had a volume knob but I got used to steering wheel controls. Passengers without fail through will always turn the climate control knob when trying to adjust the volume.

There was a 0.9% APR for 60 months offer that started 3 weeks after I bought my car last year... go figure. They tend to have that 0.9%/60mo deal every so often but I've never seen 0% on the Si.

Mids and highs are decent. Bass is horrible, absolute garbage for something branded "premium audio"

On a long highway stretch I've reached 32MPG.
Usually I average 20-22 MPG with 90% city/10% highway and a heavy foot.

Just over 6 months in and just under 3000 miles on the car, it hasnt failed me yet. I've had a KTuner 23PSI tune on it since 2500 miles and it's been fine so far.

The metal top will get scorching hot if left sitting in the summer sun and ice cold in the winter. You can grip the leather sides of the shifter but that's not very comfortable. If this is going to be an issue you can always swap out the shift knob with something that is full leather or non metal.

Not unless you rice it up or make it scream "LOOK AT ME, I'M A TUNER"

Sedan for me, although I like the coupe's wing better.

I think someone at the Honda factory must have eaten my donut because it's missing from my trunk!

OP
OP

Mrparis

First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
Longest drive I have had was 3 hours, was quite comfortable. A/C cranked, heated seats on medium

Not much weight savings in the coup, same price. That being said, I've seen waaaay more 10th gen SI coupes than sedans around me in NJ

It's tolerable if you have an android phone, abyssal if you have an iphone - but I think iphone users should be used to an abysmal experience by now
the head unit is hackable, able to watch netflix and youtube while driving, able to run ktuner/hondata apps on the head unit

No idea, but I'd highly suggest contacting an independent credit union to see about getting a better rate. Honda offered me 6.5% and I was able to get the dealer to increase my trade in value to compensate me for not using an outside credit union. A few months later I went with a credit union and refinanced for 3%. My credit score is around 725

I'm a 40 year old guy with a 33 year old wife, two young kids and a 3rd on the way. I also have hearing loss in my left ear from installing highs right next to my ear in a previous car. I rarely have the volume above 20, usually around 10-15. The speaker balance in terms of where the frequencies get directed...... could be better, but it's not horrible

2017 Civic SI, easy drive from West Windsor NJ to Philly - 58mpg. My normal commute is shorter, from Toms River, NJ to Tinton Falls, NJ - I average 42mpg regularly on my commute

over 10,000 miles, Hondata +6 reflash from around 4000miles, +9 reflash with scramble from around 7000 miles. Zero issues

I keep a white cloth eyeglass case over the shift knob as it has metal and black leather on it, I've had multiple cars with similar knobs burn the fuck out of my hand in the past, white cloth prevents that issue, that being said - it's never heated up from driving

Not at all, very low key

I like the smaller bottom faux vents of the coupe, and the wide brake light too. But the sedan costs the same, and has far more room. I've got two kids seats in the back

I guess it's more likely than doing donuts in it

OP
OP

Mrparis

First Name
Paris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
you live near me im in priceton ... so you are getting that good a mpg? where did you get your honda?

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
you live near me im in priceton ... so you are getting that good a mpg? where did you get your honda?
Used to live in West Windsor and work in Princeton but have since moved and changed jobs.

Bought my car at Honda dealer in Toms River. Paid 22
Sponsored