2017 Si Coupe to Type R Bumper? OEM parts and fitment?

Travie_FC3

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey yall,

I've done a lot of searching but the forums are blasted with aftermarket links. Has anybody tried putting the Type R bumper onto an Si Coupe? I was in a fender bender that's going through insurance, about $6500 in damage including labor and paint. They said they are willing to put on a Type R bumper for me if I can find exactly what is needed. So far I'm just finding eBay links to aftermarket kits. Has anybody used only OEM parts yet? I appreciate all the links I can get to the proper threads as I keep searching.

I'm going to cross post this to a few other sub forums.
Sponsored

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the CTR's front bumper is wider then our SI's. So unless you have to replace the front fenders as well, idk if it will fit.

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Look up Absdynamics1 on instagram they have the type r bumper color matched if needed. Hit them up

OP
OP
Travie_FC3

Travie_FC3

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
After doing more research it looks like even with the bumper and fenders it still might not fit. I opted to stick with the original part numbers for repair, and probably getting one of the type r replica bumpers that direct fit into our cars. I have a dream of building it into a type r coupe one day. But that's many years away and thousands of dollars out of reach right now.

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017 Sedan
Country flag
Does anyone know a dealer or place that send bumpers to PR?
Sponsored