2017 LX vs EX-T engine observations

ac143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX sedan (manual)
Country flag
Yeah 2.0L is crap on gas mileage, even worse than the official numbers, especially on city driving.
Also, coming from a dead stop, assuming you are accelerating normally and not stomping it, think of your engine as just being 1.5L without the turbo. You will get less power than a 2.0L.
I very much regret getting the 2.0L, I want better gas mileage and prefer a more gentle acceleration from a stop.
It's going back at lease end, for this and other reasons. (2.0L CVT is crap, stock tires are crap, keeps going out of alignment)
I regularly get better than rated gas mileage in the city. I find I have to drive quite hard to get the rated city consumption.
Sponsored

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
I regularly get better than rated gas mileage in the city. I find I have to drive quite hard to get the rated city consumption.
I think it also has to do with the 2.0L CVT, as opposed to the more refined 1.5T CVT. You can make up for those shortcomings with your manual, fortunately!

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Still burns my britches that Honda rates the 2.0L and 1.5T almost the same with city mpg. It's false advertising. The city mpg is pretty much my combined mpg with the 2.0L. Someone ought to start a class action about this.
Have you considered the possibility that you're just not very good at driving? (This is half inflammatory, half genuine)

I see you have a CVT. As far as I know, that should score you some extra mpg right off the bat. I drove a 6-speed LX and got the 30-40 range that Civics have always had.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
Have you considered the possibility that you're just not very good at driving? (This is half inflammatory, half genuine)

I see you have a CVT. As far as I know, that should score you some extra mpg right off the bat. I drove a 6-speed LX and got the 30-40 range that Civics have always had.
That's non-stop driving though and not everyone drives like that.
Sponsored