2017 Lx hatchback compatible with 2020 sport hatchback diffuser ????

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
I also get 25mpg after my exhuast setup
My gas mileage has actually improved by 1.5mpg, for about 41-42mpg. That’s with about 90% freeway driving, and just cruising along at 65-70mph, trying to keep out of boost as much as possible. But even thrashing it, my mileage doesn’t get any worse than 32-33mpg. What were you getting before the exhaust conversion? 25mpg seems pretty bad, even if you just are doing city driving.
Sponsored

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
There is a lot of unknown variables on why both of you seem to be getting worse mileage. Generally speaking, a cat back exhaust on the Civic isn’t going to have much impact on the car’s performance / gas mileage since all the change is downstream of the cat and 02 sensors. In my case, I believe the gas mileage improvement is coming from reduced back pressure and possibly better exhaust scavenging, based on the long term / short term fuel trims running slightly leaner than with the OEM exhaust. But we’re talking about a 4% increase in gas mileage, not a huge change. Not sure what your fuel average was before the exhaust mod, but if you’re getting more than a 5% change in gas mileage, and assuming nothing else is different, ( driving habits, bad alignment, bad 02 sensor, new tires, under inflated tires, etc ) then I’d check to see if you have an exhaust leak somewhere, or your exhaust pipe is damaged ( sharp bend, restriction in exhaust, or significant change in the pipe diameter ) Too early for winter blend gas, but you might ask your gas station if they switched over early or something. That usually affects a 10% decrease in gas mileage. ( based on what I see when California changes to winter blend gas )

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
There is a lot of unknown variables on why both of you seem to be getting worse mileage. Generally speaking, a cat back exhaust on the Civic isn’t going to have much impact on the car’s performance / gas mileage since all the change is downstream of the cat and 02 sensors. In my case, I believe the gas mileage improvement is coming from reduced back pressure and possibly better exhaust scavenging, based on the long term / short term fuel trims running slightly leaner than with the OEM exhaust. But we’re talking about a 4% increase in gas mileage, not a huge change. Not sure what your fuel average was before the exhaust mod, but if you’re getting more than a 5% change in gas mileage, and assuming nothing else is different, ( driving habits, bad alignment, bad 02 sensor, new tires, under inflated tires, etc ) then I’d check to see if you have an exhaust leak somewhere, or your exhaust pipe is damaged ( sharp bend, restriction in exhaust, or significant change in the pipe diameter ) Too early for winter blend gas, but you might ask your gas station if they switched over early or something. That usually affects a 10% decrease in gas mileage. ( based on what I see when California changes to winter blend gas )
Ya I’m not sure other than I don’t drive good lmao

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The excess turbulent air That is coming up and through the bumper is causing my rear bumper to shake or flex at speeds in excess of 80 mph

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Oh , that’s weird mine doesn’t do that ? And some of my pins didn’t even match up

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ilipac

@blueFK7
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any source on the euro finisher piece or part number yet? Spent a good time trying to find a part number with no luck.
i got rearended so that’s a no go for no lol. I’ll be using Stephen for the part. I’ll be parting my civic out in April/May

Rjgonzales27

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
i got rearended so that’s a no go for no lol. I’ll be using Stephen for the part. I’ll be parting my civic out in April/May
Sorry to hear that, I found a thread that had the part number and source. That little trim piece is about $150-170. I’m just going to reroute my exhaust.

UnknownNate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Screenshot_20200803-182421.jpg

So this is the part. You should be able to get it at your local Honda dealer for around this price. I got mine for around $120 and picked it up because shipping is insane. You need part#26 too, it's the little cover in the middle which is a stronger plastic, otherwise the exhaust will slowly deform your bumper over time.
This is pretty late, but are these the only 2 parts necessary? Or would I have to buy the entire 2020 sport bumper?

Last edited:

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
This is pretty late, but are these the only 2 parts necessary? Or would I have to buy the entire 2020 sport bumper?
Yes, that's all you need to install the 2020 diffuser on a hatch. It won't fit if you're planning to put it on your EX-T sedan.
Sponsored