2017 Lx hatchback compatible with 2020 sport hatchback diffuser ????

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Wow that’s insanely cheap, houston is robbing me man. :( I’m tryna transform my car but these places are charging way too much. The center mounted exhaust is prob gonna cost a leg and an arm too.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
Thank you man , highly appreciate it , so I’m just gonna order part 26, and part 25 and I should be good right. Or I will need extra bolts and stuff ?
Also do you know any sites that provide legit oem parts, or did you only get parts by calling the dealerships ??

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you man , highly appreciate it , so I’m just gonna order part 26, and part 25 and I should be good right. Or I will need extra bolts and stuff ?
I did not order anything else aside from 25 and 26, it uses the body clips, but since you have slightly different mounting holes you'll just have to make a bracket like @FK7 Civic Pilot showed but it seems pretty straight forward if you have a drill.

Wow, highway robbery. When I got mine last November, it was relatively cheap at $66 for the diffuser and finishing cover. But the parts guys were already calling it a “ forum part” with a huge mark up coming. Sort of like what happened with the CTR rear sway bar and steering wheel.

4FDA3FAF-FB89-4122-A345-B5BACFDB844F.png
Damn man you got a heck of a deal! I think I got mine like 1 or 2 months after the 2020's came out and it was like $120 for both pieces. I would think the dealer would still be able to get you under 200 as they can get cheap shipping since they always already have parts coming.

Also, I called 3 dealers. Luckily in Rochester they are all about 25 mins from each other, I am not sure most people have more than 1 that is worth driving to. I think one of them wanted like $150 for both, another @ $130 or so. Interested to get a quote for the same part from the same dealers today.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can get OEM parts through sites like hondapartsguy, hondapartsnow, hondapartsnetwork, there are a whole bunch of them. They all use basically the same page, but pricing can be 10-15% different so check out a bunch!

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
You can also try conicelli honda parts at their online store. They got good prices as well. I usually get my stuff from them plus they have good shipping rates.

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
You can get OEM parts through sites like hondapartsguy, hondapartsnow, hondapartsnetwork, there are a whole bunch of them. They all use basically the same page, but pricing can be 10-15% different so check out a bunch!
Thank you man , will do!!

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
You can also try conicelli honda parts at their online store. They got good prices as well. I usually get my stuff from them plus they have good shipping rates.
Ok sounds good!!

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
You're welcome man! I saw it and was like hmmm I should throw this into that other thread :thumbsup:
ya, I just gotta to the center mounted exhaust, skirts , front lip , but honestly I’m debating on type r or 2020 diffuser but for now I think I’m gonna go 2020 diffuser. What brand of aftermarket wheels to you suggest running btw ??

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ya, I just gotta to the center mounted exhaust, skirts , front lip , but honestly I’m debating on type r or 2020 diffuser but for now I think I’m gonna go 2020 diffuser. What brand of aftermarket wheels to you suggest running btw ??
I literally just received some AVID1 AV06 in white, 18x8.5 +35. This offset will fit flush to the fender (thank you HOURS AND HOURS of research lol) and will look very nice. I have heard nothing but good things about the avid wheels. I specifically messaged people here and on IG to ask them how they've been holding up for like 8 months or more, and everyone said they were great. I even found threads on other forums where people have run them for 5 years on a single car with no issues and just sold the car so who knows they may have lasted another 5 years! I will post with longevity once I put some serious miles on them.

OP
OP

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
I literally just received some AVID1 AV06 in white, 18x8.5 +35. This offset will fit flush to the fender (thank you HOURS AND HOURS of research lol) and will look very nice. I have heard nothing but good things about the avid wheels. I specifically messaged people here and on IG to ask them how they've been holding up for like 8 months or more, and everyone said they were great. I even found threads on other forums where people have run them for 5 years on a single car with no issues and just sold the car so who knows they may have lasted another 5 years! I will post with longevity once I put some serious miles on them.
That’s great man, I hope it works out. Avid wheels are dope, I will keep researching but thank you!

Zuko

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EX 10th Gen
Country flag
I have a 2020 diffuser on my LX, so one should fit yours just fine. Only thing to be aware of is 4 mounting holes on the Sport diffuser won’t match the non-sport chassis at the bottom center exhaust section. Most guys run it like that without doing thing else, I made cheap support brackets out of some left over pantsuit cover, a couple of Honda push rivets, and 1/4” hardware to stiffen it up. 2nd photo is the home made supports going to the Sport diffuser mounting holes I was talking about. There’s a couple of YouTube clips with detail the installation pretty good.

3E3F2AA5-9E29-41A9-9B3C-7EA47F025136.jpeg

7EA5D292-E29F-4144-A995-268CBED05587.jpeg
Question about your exhaust since you have the LX. Did your MPG go down? I had my exhaust rerouted to the center and ever since my mpg has hit only 25.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
My gas mileage has actually improved by 1.5mpg, for about 41-42mpg. That’s with about 90% freeway driving, and just cruising along at 65-70mph, trying to keep out of boost as much as possible. But even thrashing it, my mileage doesn’t get any worse than 32-33mpg. What were you getting before the exhaust conversion? 25mpg seems pretty bad, even if you just are doing city driving.
Sponsored