First Name
Seven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have alot of turbo noise from BOV spacer and Injen Short-Ram intake but I would like a little rumble from the exhaust! Nothing major... budget is around 400ish. Please do not recommend res & muffler delete becuase that sounds like a fart can. Please help!
Sponsored

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
I have alot of turbo noise from BOV spacer and Injen Short-Ram intake but I would like a little rumble from the exhaust! Nothing major... budget is around 400ish. Please do not recommend res & muffler delete becuase that sounds like a fart can. Please help!
Have an exhaust shop swap your mufflers for some straight through bullet-type mufflers

OP
OP
SevenHaze

SevenHaze

First Name
Seven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i highly doubt that these will pass inspection
I'm not looking for loud, I'm looking for low rumble. (Tuner not ricer) I have KTuner V2 with TSP stage 1 installed. Also just replaced injen SRI with PRL SRI. Sounds much nicer with the BOV spacer. Thinking about 2.5" up/ down pipe. I'm mainly wondering what muffler and resonator I should choose.

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
I went with the ProDrager exhaust, specifically made for non-sport hatchback

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm not looking for loud, I'm looking for low rumble. (Tuner not ricer) I have KTuner V2 with TSP stage 1 installed. Also just replaced injen SRI with PRL SRI. Sounds much nicer with the BOV spacer. Thinking about 2.5" up/ down pipe. I'm mainly wondering what muffler and resonator I should choose.
For $400 all-in, leave the stock resonator and just swap mufflers. If you go with a cat less down pipe, then get full size mufflers. If you are running a catted downpipe then get bullet style mufflers.
If you run catted and full size, you will likely be disappointed. It won’t be much louder than stock.

OP
OP
SevenHaze

SevenHaze

First Name
Seven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For $400 all-in, leave the stock resonator and just swap mufflers. If you go with a cat less down pipe, then get full size mufflers. If you are running a catted downpipe then get bullet style mufflers.
If you run catted and full size, you will likely be disappointed. It won’t be much louder than stock.

Good stuff man, I appreciate the advice. Will be going with catted becuase I live in Mass & it's required to pass emission. What mufflers are you running

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good stuff man, I appreciate the advice. Will be going with catted becuase I live in Mass & it's required to pass emission. What mufflers are you running
On the Civic, I’m running a full stock Type R exhaust, complete with stock resonators and mufflers. It’s just as quiet as stock Sport mufflers.
On the GTI, I’m running a full size straight through muffler similar to Magnaflow, and stock resonator. Also incredibly quiet. A little bit of rumble but hardly more than stock. I’ll probably run an aftermarket resonator sometime in the future.

Definitely hunt around YouTube for the sound you want. Tons of examples of all sorts of setups and combos.
Sponsored