2017 Honda Civic Si Wishlist

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Just because it's fun to pretend Honda is listening...

1. hatchback
  2. LED headlights and mirror-integrated turn indicators
  3. 2.0T /w minimum 230HP
  4. D shaped steering wheel
  5. Recaro alcantara seats /w adjustable lumbar
  6. Si-only colours (including Atomic Silver)
  7. volume knob (just to shut everyone up about it)
  8. upgraded infotainment, minimum 400 watts and auto-close nag screen
  9. aluminum pedals
  10. upgraded interior with minimal colour inserts
  11. a few more Si-only goodies, e.g. fancy key fob, exclusive shift knob, all black chrome, exclusive wheel design, pano sunroof
Of course some stuff needs to be held back for the CTR but can't that just be the crazy HP and interior we know it's going to get?
Sponsored

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
I'm hoping we at LEAST get to see the Si revealed at the Paris Auto show in 13 days ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not holding my breath tho :coffee:

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
Just because it's fun to pretend Honda is listening...

1. hatchback
  2. LED headlights and mirror-integrated turn indicators
  3. 2.0T /w minimum 230HP
  4. D shaped steering wheel
  5. Recaro alcantara seats /w adjustable lumbar
  6. Si-only colours (including Atomic Silver)
  7. volume knob (just to shut everyone up about it)
  8. upgraded infotainment, minimum 400 watts and auto-close nag screen
  9. aluminum pedals
  10. upgraded interior with minimal colour inserts
  11. a few more Si-only goodies, e.g. fancy key fob, exclusive shift knob, all black chrome, exclusive wheel design, pano sunroof
Of course some stuff needs to be held back for the CTR but can't that just be the crazy HP and interior we know it's going to get?
1. I want the Si to come in a hatch as well as a coupe and sedan, but not getting my hopes up.

2. LED headlights I'd say there's a 50/50 chance. Blinkers on the side mirrors tho...I'd doubt it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. 2.0T I'd be happy about but again, 50/50 chance.... 230hp tho. There's no way IMO. I'd be shocked if they go as high as 215-220 range.

4. D-shaped steering wheel, I'd bet no chance!

5. Recaro seats, I'd bet no chance....and def no adjustable lumbar. That's a "comfy" perk which is not what Si was ever about.

6. One or two Si exclusive colors could be a thing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Volume knob LMFAO. You already know there's no chance.

8. Better infotainment would be nice... 400+ watts tho.... that remains to be seen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. Aluminum pedals could be very likely.

10. I sure as hell am hoping for a nicer interior than the lesser trims. We deserve at least that much. LOL

11. Fancy key-fob, prob not. Exclusive shift knob has always been a thing. Black chrome....I'd prefer no chrome but that's just me. Steering wheel will be that same as the sport prob with just the red-stitching. And a pano-roof? Keep dreaming. lol

This is all of course opinionated speculation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
Not a bad first post. My hope is on 500hp.

Concept_cody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 civic lx sedan
In my opinion the X Si needs to have AT LEAST 230 hp. Look at at its competition:
Focus ST: 252 Hp
GTI: 200+/-
WRX: 260
So with these numbers and the with the platform of the civic, a 230hp isn't unreasonable and is most likely going to be the sweet spot for the Si

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
1. I want the Si to come in a hatch as well as a coupe and sedan, but not getting my hopes up.

2. LED headlights I'd say there's a 50/50 chance. Blinkers on the side mirrors tho...I'd doubt it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. 2.0T I'd be happy about but again, 50/50 chance.... 230hp tho. There's no way IMO. I'd be shocked if they go as high as 215-220 range.

4. D-shaped steering wheel, I'd bet no chance!

5. Recaro seats, I'd bet no chance....and def no adjustable lumbar. That's a "comfy" perk which is not what Si was ever about.

6. One or two Si exclusive colors could be a thing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Volume knob LMFAO. You already know there's no chance.

8. Better infotainment would be nice... 400+ watts tho.... that remains to be seen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. Aluminum pedals could be very likely.

10. I sure as hell am hoping for a nicer interior than the lesser trims. We deserve at least that much. LOL

11. Fancy key-fob, prob not. Exclusive shift knob has always been a thing. Black chrome....I'd prefer no chrome but that's just me. Steering wheel will be that same as the sport prob with just the red-stitching. And a pano-roof? Keep dreaming. lol

This is all of course opinionated speculation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm in Canada so maybe that'll improve the chances for a few things on the list... we did well for the 2016 Civic/CRV SE.

I think we're better than 50/50 on: hatchback, LED headlights, mirror blinkers, 2.0T, 230HP, Recaro seats (judging by some spy photos), decent colours, ~400 watts, alum pedals, interior upgrade.

They just need to aim at the GTI and add a few goodies. If they keep executing like they have been with their latest vehicles I like our chances.

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Wishlist,

1-Cloth or Alcantara seats,
2-Descent sound system.
3-Current infotainment system with damn Volume Knob ( No Nav )
4-Sunroof
5-2.0T engine with at the leastttt 230HP. I'll be doing a few performance mods (6MT)
6-Nice rear wing and 18" wheels to distinguish it from the regular civics
7-Upgraded interior from the regular civics
8-Manual handbrake...not putting my bets on that :(
9-Upgraded front end, back end, center exhaust like we saw in the spy pics

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Let's see how close we get...

The Si will add the following above and beyond the Sport trims:
- 6MT standard
- Si exclusive dampers and springs
- EX feature set including 7" touchscreen with Carplay/AA, heated site mirrors, smart entry, push button start, and moonroof
- Si exclusive cloth bolstered seats
- 225-245 HP 1.5T or 2.0T, 34-36 MPG HWY
- Sport mode with revised ECU mapping
- LSD
- Si exclusive front/rear facia and spoiler (sedan and coupe)
- 1 Si exclusive color

The Si GT (Touring) will add:
- LED headlights
- 450 watt 10 speaker audio with Navigation
- Si exclusive bolstered leather trimmed seating
- Heated/power seating
- auto wipers

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Let's see how close we get...

The Si will add the following above and beyond the Sport trims:
- 6MT standard
- Si exclusive dampers and springs
- EX feature set including 7" touchscreen with Carplay/AA, heated site mirrors, smart entry, push button start, and moonroof
- Si exclusive cloth bolstered seats
- 225-245 HP 1.5T or 2.0T, 34-36 MPG HWY
- Sport mode with revised ECU mapping
- LSD
- Si exclusive front/rear facia and spoiler (sedan and coupe)
- 1 Si exclusive color

The Si GT (Touring) will add:
- LED headlights
- 450 watt 10 speaker audio with Navigation
- Si exclusive bolstered leather trimmed seating
- Heated/power seating
- auto wipers
If you look at the spy photos of the car with bucket seats without LED headlights, it has the center speaker so it has the premium audio. Also, I doubt you'll see 35 Hwy. 2.0T on the Focus ST putting down numbers you're looking for is rated at 22/31 so unless 6th is geared tall (unlikely), or if Honda does some crazy, you probably won't get another 4 mpg compared to a 2.0 Ecoboost considering the engines would be similar and due to technological limitations.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I think Honda is looking more to VW/Audi than Ford. Their 2.0T gets 25/34, IIRC. And it's widely known to be 15-25 HP underrated.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
The problem with the SI going after the GTI is two fold the Civic needs better handling /steering dynamics and TORQUE!!! The GTI has 220 hp now and 258lb feet of torque@ 1500rpm mind you. All the while Hondas engines hp or not have always carried lower torque than hp numbers and had high rpms for those numbers. That's the issue and why the GTI even if it's more expensive always kills it. Let's not even approach the interior of the GTI which is audi like

serif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9G Accord V6 Slushbox Sedan
I'll play your game, you rogue. I'm basing this on Design's list (because I think it's pretty close) as well as the spy shots, then sprinkling in some hopes and dreams, plus some Honda packaging frustration.

Si:
  • 267hp 2.0T with 6MT and LSD (ok, realistically 230hp)
  • Dual Axis Strut front suspension with Si exclusive springs and dampers
  • 7" Display Audio with Carplay and Android Auto, SiriusXM, and HD Radio
  • 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers, Including Subwoofer
  • Black cloth Si-exclusive bolstered front seats with fixed head restraints and red accent stitching
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
  • Leather-wrapped Si-exclusive steering wheel and shift knob with red accent stitching
  • Smart Entry
  • One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
  • Heated Side Mirrors
  • Honda LaneWatch
  • Fog Lights
  • Available Honda Sensing
  • Available Summer Tires
Si GT/Touring (adds or replaces):
  • Navigation
  • Adaptive Damper System
  • Leather-Trimmed Seats
  • Driver's Seat with 8-Way Power Adjustment
  • Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
  • LED Headlights
  • Standard Honda Sensing™ Feature Suite
  • Available Summer Tires
Basically, I expect the base Si will be equivalent to the EX-T trim, and the higher trim to be the EX-L with some (but not all) Touring bits thrown in. I'm really high on the Adaptive Damper System announced with the European hatch, and now expect Honda to include those with the higher trim Si. What I really hope they do is to split out the Adaptive Damper System and LED headlights into their own options, like VW does with the GTI. But I don't think they will, which is what amounts to that packaging frustration I added in.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
The problem with the SI going after the GTI is two fold the Civic needs better handling /steering dynamics and TORQUE!!! The GTI has 220 hp now and 258lb feet of torque@ 1500rpm mind you. All the while Hondas engines hp or not have always carried lower torque than hp numbers and had high rpms for those numbers. That's the issue and why the GTI even if it's more expensive always kills it. Let's not even approach the interior of the GTI which is audi like
The 2017 has the performance package as standard equipment on the sport and above models including 13.5" brakes and a haldex style limited slip. Sport seats, adaptive cruise, VW car-net, 400 watt Fender audio, performance monitor, and lighting package are also part of the deal. Dealers are offering this for $26k before any incentives. I can't find a window sticker on a new 2017 SE model, but I believe that driving modes may also be part of the SE model as well.

Honda NEEDS to offer at least what the GTI is offering for the mid-20k price tag to be in the marketplace.

Honda has ran from its enthusiasts for the past decade, while VW has gobbled those customers up.

I want Honda to be part of the playing field again, but feel they really need to bring it to the table to be a real player again.
Sponsored