2017 Honda Civic Si Wishlist

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
The 2017 has the performance package as standard equipment on the sport and above models including 13.5" brakes and a haldex style limited slip. Sport seats, adaptive cruise, VW car-net, 400 watt Fender audio, performance monitor, and lighting package are also part of the deal. Dealers are offering this for $26k before any incentives. I can't find a window sticker on a new 2017 SE model, but I believe that driving modes may also be part of the SE model as well.
Exactly so the SI needs to compete with that or our will be tough
Sponsored

Reactions: JYR

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
My thoughts...

The Si will probably fit in between the ST and GTI as a semi-upscale sport compact. It will probably lead the pack in fuel efficiency and projected long term reliability. Probably trail the ST in power. And trail the GTI slightly in refinement/amenities.

We know both the 1.5T and 2.0T are capable motors. So I don't think power/ torque/ efficiency will be an issue.

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The problem with the SI going after the GTI is two fold the Civic needs better handling /steering dynamics and TORQUE!!! The GTI has 220 hp now and 258lb feet of torque@ 1500rpm mind you. All the while Hondas engines hp or not have always carried lower torque than hp numbers and had high rpms for those numbers. That's the issue and why the GTI even if it's more expensive always kills it. Let's not even approach the interior of the GTI which is audi like
Honestly the Si has some work to do to be up there with the likes of the gti seeing as the GTI does 0-60 in the mids 5's and honda Si's are in the mid 6. I think this generation will be a huge improvement as we're getting the turbo engine as we've seen from the Spy pictures whether it be the 1.5 or 2.0. I think it will be in the GTI range because it has be a better performing car than the regular civics and as we can see already the new civics can beat the current Si's.

The Si is also going to be a better value car for the money, 2017 GTI start at 25.5 K and thats just the base models. If you want to include push to start and keyless entry, sunroof (which is going to be standard on the Si) you're already up to 28k. I'm sure the SI is going to start at 24-25k and its going to be well equip, and for most us for who buy the Si for the performance are not going to care about going up a trim for leather, nav, honda sensing and other amenities.

As for the interior, you can't tell me the new Honda interior is to par if not better than the GTi, from the reviews I've seen the infotanment system on the gti's are not that great, up until now back up camera wasn't standard on the Gti's. Lets not forget that the SI's interior are always superior to the regular civics ( maybe with the exception of the touring trim this year).

Now the waiting game...

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
Honestly the Si has some work to do to be up there with the likes of the gti seeing as the GTI does 0-60 in the mids 5's and honda Si's are in the mid 6. I think this generation will be a huge improvement as we're getting the turbo engine as we've seen from the Spy pictures whether it be the 1.5 or 2.0. I think it will be in the GTI range because it has be a better performing car than the regular civics and as we can see already the new civics can beat the current Si's.

The Si is also going to be a better value car for the money, 2017 GTI start at 25.5 K and thats just the base models. If you want to include push to start and keyless entry, sunroof (which is going to be standard on the Si) you're already up to 28k. I'm sure the SI is going to start at 24-25k and its going to be well equip, and for most us for who buy the Si for the performance are not going to care about going up a trim for leather, nav, honda sensing and other amenities.

As for the interior, you can't tell me the new Honda interior is to par if not better than the GTi, from the reviews I've seen the infotanment system on the gti's are not that great, up until now back up camera wasn't standard on the Gti's. Lets not forget that the SI's interior are always superior to the regular civics ( maybe with the exception of the touring trim this year).

Now the waiting game...
All I'm saying is the GTI sport has a lot of bang for the buck and the new infotainment system may is getting a lot of praise.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I think most are expecting the GTI to be a notch above in build quality. The panel gap will be less, the interior materials buttoned down a little tighter, and ergonomics a little more logically laid out.

My marketing brain says the appeal of the Si will be long term cost of ownership, integrity of interior materials, and a reasonable balance of driving dynamics and practicality. This car will probably be marketed to buyers who plan to operate well beyond the typical 6yr/72K ownership window. And will continue to be designed (mechanically) to allow wear parts to be swapped out rather easily vs. their German counterparts.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag

Now the waiting game...
GTI interior isn't as flashy as the CivicX, but then again the GTI interior IS higher quality, and the Honda Android based HU is, aside from screen size, a downgrade from the MIB 2 in form and function. As cool as the CivicX interior looks (I think it is the better looking interior) the rattles from the bass and wandering AC vents would get old in one day.

MickeyDubs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R

Now the waiting game...

I don't think the SI targets the GTI... nor did it ever. A GTI with all the bells and whistles tops out near 32k... That's easily 5k over what the SI goes for. Saying the SI will have everything the GTI has fro 5k less just isn't going to happen. It's more of a budget car then the GTI, and the features will reflect that.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Honda is moving there, as evident by the Civic Touring. It's possible they'll have a similar trim on the Si with all of the Touring's bells and whistles except Sensing. We'll see...

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I don't think the SI targets the GTI... nor did it ever. A GTI with all the bells and whistles tops out near 32k... That's easily 5k over what the SI goes for. Saying the SI will have everything the GTI has fro 5k less just isn't going to happen. It's more of a budget car then the GTI, and the features will reflect that.
The CivicX Si will be roughly on par with the MK VII GTI in terms of features, and a bit lower in "apparent quality" (but significantly better in "actual quality."). I've spent a lot of time in both a CivicX EX-T and a Mk VII GTI Autobahn (both MIB and MIB2), and the Si head unit and system integration is every bit as good, and more reliable to boot (issues reported here notwithstanding). I'm not aware of any features on the GTI Autobahn that aren't expected on the CivicX Si, with the likely exception of the adjustable suspension and the possible exception of the LSD (although I'd say that's likely to make it to the Si). Everything else (automatic lights, automatic wipers, nav, android auto/carplay, heated seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, sunroof, push-button start) is there.

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure "Budget car" would be the correct term to use for the civic anymore seeing as a fully loaded civic can easily pass the 30k mark as well. Touring models are the most expensive civics to be made and they're just flying off the lots. I'm pretty sure the SI will top out at 30k as well fully loaded. What I'm saying is that you can probably get better options as standard or add on for a better value than the GTI.

whudgens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Civic, 1995 Civic,
If I found this site - I am sure Honda (PR Folks) watch this, too. You might get your wish! - take my money Honda 2017 Touring/Hatch!

Bananaboy0820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M, C117
I would like to see the Si with an upgraded 1.5T (230ish HP) w/DSG, LED headlights, and some nice heated leather buckets. An Si Touring if you will.

If it ends up being around 32k, hopefully lower, then this is my new daily.

The GTI is looking like a steal though with this diesel scandal. I got quoted for $30.5 before TTL for a GTI Autobahn DSG w/ PP, LP, DA, and DCC.
Sponsored