2017 Honda Civic Si Wishlist

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
The Si always has a moonroof, right? I would love that to be optional, since Honda/Acura headroom always sucks.
Sponsored

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
As long as it has stock navi, 6 speed manual, bigger turbo engine, 4 door and slightly different design I'm in.... coupe looks awful

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Most of you want luxury goods and Si is not the platform for it.
Things like premium audio, leather seating, LED headlights.. were never part of the Si and they shouldn't be. What you want is a touring with six speed and more horsepower, not a Si. Not to mention this price point will drive it very close to 30k.

To stay relatively competitive to its siblings, the Si will most likely be a LX with a more powerful engine, slip diffs, better suspension hardware or brakes and some very limited interior eye candy. I expect it to be on par with the EX-L price (as it always been with almost every iteration of the Si.) Not overtly expensive.

We all want BMW 2 series at Honda prices, it will not be possible. If you really want these goodies maybe BMW is a better option.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
I wonder if the Si will receive a dual-axis strut geometry like the Type-R. That is, assuming the latter gets it as well.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Things like premium audio, leather seating, LED headlights.. were never part of the Si and they shouldn't be. What you want is a touring with six speed and more horsepower, not a Si. Not to mention this price point will drive it very close to 30k.

To stay relatively competitive to its siblings, the Si will most likely be a LX with a more powerful engine, slip diffs, better suspension hardware or brakes and some very limited interior eye candy. I expect it to be on par with the EX-L price (as it always been with almost every iteration of the Si.) Not overtly expensive.

We all want BMW 2 series at Honda prices, it will not be possible. If you really want these goodies maybe BMW is a better option.
Si has been 80% goodies and 120% performance for 90% price, relative to "top trim". Those percentages are of of course scientifically precise.

Si has come in two trims lately (base and nav), and will probably continue that trend - but I predict that the up-trim will probably be called "Touring" for parallelism. My prediction is that the base Si will get display audio w/upgraded audio, keyless entry/ignition (with AA and CarPlay), sunroof and heated seats. Si Touring will add nav and maybe LEDs. Neither will get leather or an automatic.

Would much rather be driving it (5 door flavor, please) than moaning about what it will and won't have, tho! ;)

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I wonder if the Si will receive a dual-axis strut geometry like the Type-R. That is, assuming the latter gets it as well.
I'm going to say no for the SI, assuming it's less than 220HP.

On the other hand, Type R with over 300HP will benefit from dual axis struts. I don't see Honda taking away dual axis struts when the current generation has it.

I'm going to predict Honda will just take the current CTR struts and slap that on the new CTR. The spyshots shows the car with current gen wheels, which are 5x120. Honda typically uses 5x114.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag

I would disagree based on how Honda has traditionally treated the Si trim. And based on how Ford, VW, Mazda and Subaru treat their own performance trims of economy platforms.

True, the upcoming ILX will be reserved for those wanting a performance package with auto/DCT. Not saying the Si will offer all the features of the Touring; but this is the first time they've offered upscale features on the Civic. And there is a clear business case/niche for a moderate 6MT performance trim with all the features (sans Honda Sensing). See: ST, WRX, GTI, GLI, and upcoming Elantra Sport.

Finally, if the Sport Touring were in fact the top trim, we'd see it mirrored on the sedan and coupe as well. My 2 cents...

Last edited:

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
I'm going to say no for the SI, assuming it's less than 220HP.

On the other hand, Type R with over 300HP will benefit from dual axis struts. I don't see Honda taking away dual axis struts when the current generation has it.

I'm going to predict Honda will just take the current CTR struts and slap that on the new CTR. The spyshots shows the car with current gen wheels, which are 5x120. Honda typically uses 5x114.
Yeah, you're probably right about that. Though I suspect that the Type-R suspension bits will bolt up to any other Civic though, or at the very most with mild modification. Dual-axis struts are a huge advantage at 300whp+.

serif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9G Accord V6 Slushbox Sedan
Yeah, you're probably right about that. Though I suspect that the Type-R suspension bits will bolt up to any other Civic though, or at the very most with mild modification. Dual-axis struts are a huge advantage at 300whp+.
I know Honda doesn't like to pay much mind to what everyone else is doing, but the FoST has a suspension setup similar to Dual-Axis Strut with different geometry from the base Focus (and the RS). With all their talk of the CivicX being the "epic Civic", I'm hopeful that they'll do something similar for the Si. Then again, I'm also hopeful they just drop the 2.0T from the Avancier right in with its 276hp, so I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment.

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I would disagree based on how Honda has traditionally treated the Si trim. And based on how Ford, VW, Mazda and Subaru treat their own performance trims of economy platforms.

True, the upcoming ILX will be reserved for those wanting a performance package with auto/DCT. Not saying the Si will offer all the features of the Touring; but this is the first time they've offered upscale features on the Civic. And there is a clear business case/niche for a moderate 6MT performance trim with all the features (sans Honda Sensing). See: ST, WRX, GTI, GLI, and upcoming Elantra Sport.

Finally, if the Sport Touring were in fact the top trim, we'd see it mirrored on the sedan and coupe as well. My 2 cents...
I don't disagree or agree either, since I am not involved with Honda and I can only speculate based on historical data.
Focus ST, WRX, GTI and even the occasional Mazdaspeed 3 have been out for quite awhile now. I don't suspect Honda is trying to one up these cars and they shouldn't be, Si has been cheaper than these cars for a reason and it shows. At 26k+ the Si will have to stay VERY competitive performance wise and that is not possible without throwing in the detuned R engine (let's face it, 1.5t may just be a little too much to get to the 250hp range.)

Personally I would rather have a blank slate Si and let them offer any option a la carte style, but Honda is well know to not do that and you will get stuck with one trim and 1 or 2 options (most likely just Nav.) I don't expect them to offer a sports touring, but a 6spd touring should be nice.

At the end I am a little surprised that Honda is offering the Si at all, this is catering to a very small group of buyers with a very competitive hatch/compact market. It made sense about 10 years ago when Si was one of the few car around that offered small bit of performance in this category.
Sponsored