2017 Honda Civic Si Prototype Debut - Q&A, Photos, Video

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
And as for [...] an SI sedan....render all you want but they are not being made and all those renders are just a pipe dream as well.
We know with absolute, straight-from-the-mouth-of-Honda certainty that there will be an SI sedan.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic si
Is it me or does the civic hatchback look way better and sportier than the civic si!...i want to get the si but sheesh the hatch

rezlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic Si
Country flag
Is it me or does the civic hatchback look way better and sportier than the civic si!...i want to get the si but sheesh the hatch
There's no accounting for taste - or so they say. I think the Hatch looks great from the front and the side, but that rear...

Anyways, Honda makes (or will soon make) a wide variety of Civics - hopefully something for everybody (unless you are looking for a 3-door hatch, Hatch Si, or Sport Touring with a 6-speed manual and CarPlay).

thr33lions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Veloz, 2006 Si Coupe, 2010 Si Coupe, 2013 Si Sedan
Coming-soon.jpg
Place your bets. When is it going to ship?
My bet is Spring (April) for Canada because they're being manufactured in Alliston Ontario, and Summer (June/July) for the USA. A few people "in the know" on this forum have suggested production has already started at the Alliston plant.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Apparently they started preproduction in late February. I think that puts the Si Coupe around a May/June release. I haven't heard if they're releasing the Sedan as a 2017 or 2018 model. My gut says it will be the latter, which pushes the full release back to August/September. :(

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Remember this? The european version has 180 HP, so this should be the SI engine

honda-1.5-turbo-1.jpg
I'll also add that the last time I had a discussion with anyone about this powertrain, they were working off a configuration of the CRV's. Different turbo, intercooler, and a few other bits (at minimum).

I haven't gotten much more than that. But @All-Knowing feels pretty confident we'll see around 200 HP. I think it's going to be closer to 215-225, maybe 230, based on the current & upcoming competitive environment. We should know within 5 weeks.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Remember this? The european version has 180 HP, so this should be the SI engine

honda-1.5-turbo-1.jpg
This is old and was posted months ago.

We will get the facts and figures (hp rating etc) at the New York Autoshow in less than a month.

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Visited the dealership in Keene NH today, and I ran into the manager who, after a bit of fantastic conversation, let me in on the fact that tomorrow Honda is holding a meeting to discuss release dates for the Civic Si and more details are going to be confirmed about the car. I will definitely be stopping by on Saturday to ask him how it went and see what he can tell me.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The USA sport model is 180hp as well. The Si will be more hp than that.
The engine shown has 150 Kw= 201HP and 260 Nm.
No other version of the engine has this specs, including civic EU, CRV, and chinese versions Acura CDX, Honda Jade, Honda URV, Honda Avancier, all with different outputs of the 1.5T
Sponsored