First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seriously, MPG should be the least of your worries.
Why is that? We've got a car that's faster than the regular trims and still manages to achieve the same fuel economy. It's in every Si owner's best interest to know how to treat the throttle in case the dark ages of $4/gal return.
Sponsored

1.5CivicEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Can anyone that's taken a long distance trip with their Si say how far they went on a tank? I know the regular Civic can do 600 plus miles if driven at a steady pace at or under 70mph. Just wondering how far an Si can go at 70mph on a tank? I'm sure it's hard to keep it steady. I know it would be for me. Just curious as to how far people have gone on one tank.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Wow such great mpg numbers from everyone... I think I'm averaging right around 29, but I barely drive 20 miles a day. I know if I were on the highways longer I could get those high numbers you all are posting! This car is the total package. I laugh at all the trucks that try to race me because they probably waste a quarter of their tank showing off.

Forcino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Can anyone that's taken a long distance trip with their Si say how far they went on a tank? I know the regular Civic can do 600 plus miles if driven at a steady pace at or under 70mph. Just wondering how far an Si can go at 70mph on a tank? I'm sure it's hard to keep it steady. I know it would be for me. Just curious as to how far people have gone on one tank.
I stopped for gas around 450 miles into my trip, but o was averaging 41 mpg. With the 12.9 gal tank, that's 528.9 miles on the tank

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I would say based off of my first few tanks of country road/highway that 45mpg+ is possible on the highway. I get 45mpg on the way to work, and 40mpg on the way home. I can drive the car hard (15-30mpg) and get 40mpg after driving on the highway for 10 minutes. So tank-wise I would say 560 miles is reasonable for 12 gallons. Can be more if you like to run your tank nearly dry. I usually fill up about 60-100miles left on the projected range.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would say based off of my first few tanks of country road/highway that 45mpg+ is possible on the highway. I get 45mpg on the way to work, and 40mpg on the way home. I can drive the car hard (15-30mpg) and get 40mpg after driving on the highway for 10 minutes. So tank-wise I would say 560 miles is reasonable for 12 gallons. Can be more if you like to run your tank nearly dry. I usually fill up about 60-100miles left on the projected range.
Second this. One thing I have noticed, too, is it also depends what fuel you are running. My last tank I filled with Sunoco 93, and I have been getting 3-4 more mpgs than with other brands or lesser octane. I have driven about 150 miles on this tank, with about 110 being highway, and I am averaging 41 mpg.

It also depends where you live. Here in western PA, we have a ton of hills everywhere. That will lower your gas mileage. I always get better mileage once I cross over the Appalachians and am driving to the coast.

2Smoker119

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2008 Accord v6
Country flag
I have a 40 mile commute to work and back each day. About 12 miles of it is rural highway, the rest is interstate. I am averaging 40mph right now! Using premium fuel. I am amazed by the gas mileage. This thing barely sips fuel if you can refrain from WOT pulls, which is tough!!

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have a 40 mile commute to work and back each day. About 12 miles of it is rural highway, the rest is interstate. I am averaging 40mph right now! Using premium fuel. I am amazed by the gas mileage. This thing barely sips fuel if you can refrain from WOT pulls, which is tough!!
Even when doing WOT I still can average around 26-28! This car is just amazing, once all the loyalists can get over the non vtec turbo motor, it will be one of the more popular generations of Si in its' long history.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
Second this. One thing I have noticed, too, is it also depends what fuel you are running. My last tank I filled with Sunoco 93, and I have been getting 3-4 more mpgs than with other brands or lesser octane. I have driven about 150 miles on this tank, with about 110 being highway, and I am averaging 41 mpg.

It also depends where you live. Here in western PA, we have a ton of hills everywhere. That will lower your gas mileage. I always get better mileage once I cross over the Appalachians and am driving to the coast.
I've been in the 'burgh for a week, and driving here from Central PA...45-48 mpg. Driving home was low 40's...although...it's mostly downhill coming here, so that could be the difference. I've also noticed quite a few 9th gen Si's around - but very few, if any 10th gen. It's an Si kind of place here in Stiller country.

who8myrice

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 memeboost
Wow such great mpg numbers from everyone... I think I'm averaging right around 29, but I barely drive 20 miles a day. I know if I were on the highways longer I could get those high numbers you all are posting! This car is the total package. I laugh at all the trucks that try to race me because they probably waste a quarter of their tank showing off.
Sorry man, lot of new trucks will smoke si in one or 2gear.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been in the 'burgh for a week, and driving here from Central PA...45-48 mpg. Driving home was low 40's...although...it's mostly downhill coming here, so that could be the difference. I've also noticed quite a few 9th gen Si's around - but very few, if any 10th gen. It's an Si kind of place here in Stiller country.
Yeah the 10th gen's are slim here. Since they were released, I've only seen one other around the city, and I drive all over for work. My buddy saw a coupe, but that's it. Not sure why they aren't selling around here. I'm guessing no one wants stick with all the hills here.

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah the 10th gen's are slim here. Since they were released, I've only seen one other around the city, and I drive all over for work. My buddy saw a coupe, but that's it. Not sure why they aren't selling around here. I'm guessing no one wants stick with all the hills here.
Well, my coupe will be here till next Friday... It's not that bad, at least where I'm driving...and...we have hill-hold... :)

9civic10

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
My commute to work is only 7 miles , all up and down hills , barely any straights . So I typically only get 24 or 25mog on that trip

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Sorry man, lot of new trucks will smoke si in one or 2gear.
Including Honda's own Ridgeline unless the Si has a really good driver that knows how to launch, when to shift, and can shift very quickly. :)
Sponsored