2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe First Sighting!

NiGHTS4EVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
paseo
Those rims do give me a good idea of the type I'd want on my coupe, looks good

spencerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Honda Accord V6 6-speed
LMAO, I'm just saying.. and you're wrong. Now that Type R is coming out, Si doesn't hold the sport title anymore. It's like Si is the WRX and Type R is the STI. But hey if you guys are in the budget, then might as well stick with Si, and good luck on spending more money trying to catch up to Type R build.

This reminds me of an old friend who decided to buy WRX cause he can't afford to get STI, I bought the STI, and he thought he could catch up or better yet, beat the STI. Yet, he spent more than $10,000 for tuned, parts, upgraded turbo, wrap, suspensions, wheels, and he still couldn't beat my STI. 3 years later, he sold his WRX and got an GSR EVO LOL
The Si still holds a sport title, hence the Si. The Type R is going to be, more than likely, just in hatch version. The Si will be in the coupe and sedan. The Si will be more budget friendly, whereas the Type R will be 30k+. It will come with more features than the Si for sure, that's the point. The Type R is built to contend with the STI and the RS and the EVO. The Si has NEVER been able to contend with those.
We know that the Si won't contend with the Type R, if it could why would Honda build it??
The Type R in my opinion is going to have the Honda Red look. Some people don't want that for their daily.

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nice! I'll have to warm up to the center exhaust.

rdabellano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 BMW 135i, 2013 Subaru WRX STI, 2009 Honda Civic LX
The Si still holds a sport title, hence the Si. The Type R is going to be, more than likely, just in hatch version. The Si will be in the coupe and sedan. The Si will be more budget friendly, whereas the Type R will be 30k+. It will come with more features than the Si for sure, that's the point. The Type R is built to contend with the STI and the RS and the EVO. The Si has NEVER been able to contend with those.
We know that the Si won't contend with the Type R, if it could why would Honda build it??
The Type R in my opinion is going to have the Honda Red look. Some people don't want that for their daily.
LOL keep saying that to yourself. Si holding a sport title? More like poor man's Type R. Also, STI, RS, and EVO are in AWD league, but Type R is FWD.. so how can you say it's built to compete with them? LMAO it's built to compete for much more than those rally cars..

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/10-sports-cars-the-civic-type-r-beat-around-the-n

Bottom line: If you're on a really tight budget and like to have fun, get the EX-T when it comes with manual. If you have more money to spend and like to enjoy a little more speed get the Si. If you're ready to step in to the big boy's club, then get the Type R.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
It looks exactly like my LX MT coupe! Same color and everything! All I need is a turbocharger for my 2.0!

rdabellano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Kinda bummed that it doesn't have the LED headlights from the Touring though
Hey bro, according to someone here, you need to appreciate the "performance" of it, not the luxury style. LOL

spencerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL keep saying that to yourself. Si holding a sport title? More like poor man's Type R. Also, STI, RS, and EVO are in AWD league, but Type R is FWD.. so how can you say it's built to compete with them? LMAO it's built to compete for much more than those rally cars..

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/10-sports-cars-the-civic-type-r-beat-around-the-n

Bottom line: If you're on a really tight budget and like to have fun, get the EX-T when it comes with manual. If you have more money to spend and like to enjoy a little more speed get the Si. If you're ready to step in to the big boy's club, then get the Type R.
We have yet to receive any solid info on the Type R and the Si. The Type R could be completely different from the Si. We won't know for a while. Could come with AWD for all we know. Si will hold a sport title. Just because the Type R is finally coming to the US does not mean the Si doesn't hold a sport title.

spencerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey bro, according to someone here, you need to appreciate the "performance" of it, not the luxury style. LOL
Nice! Kinda bummed that it doesn't have the LED headlights from the Touring though
It will have the option, more than likely. This the first Si we have seen. It could be an option, it could come standard. My guess is that it will be an option. Maybe Honda will offer 2 trims of the Si model. One with the LED package with some other things in it and one without LED.

rdabellano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have yet to receive any solid info on the Type R and the Si. The Type R could be completely different from the Si. We won't know for a while. Could come with AWD for all we know. Si will hold a sport title. Just because the Type R is finally coming to the US does not mean the Si doesn't hold a sport title.
"We have yet to receive any solid info.. blah blah." You sound like one of those dealer rep. What do you mean the type R could be completely different from the Si? LMAO. Type R is in a whole different level than Si.

Again, keep dreaming on AWD, if they've already beaten GTR in Nurburging, why make it AWD and make it more heavy? Sometimes, common sense is not so common. But hey, if you're CEO of Honda USA, and people do whatever you say, then hands down, "Si will hold a sport title."

"Just because the Type R is finally coming to the US does not mean the Si doesn't hold a sport title." - I'm having problem understanding this.. so you mean to say Honda offers Type R to come to US, which is 10x better than Si, but we'll keep them both in sport category? Hmmmm.. One has all the goodies, while the other one has barely enough in it, and somehow both are considered in sport title.. I had no idea that there is such thing as 1st place, 1st place, and 1st place.

Do you remember when BMW released the M235i? This is BMW saying, hey we got a "affordable car with some M goodies so you can feel like you're driving an actual M car."

kushal_14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe EX
I'd be really disappointed if this is the 2017 si, I don't really see any change from coupe model -- Except the exhaust which isn't that attractive. As for the wheels, these are 18" compared to 20" on concept and you can install these on any 2016 models.

I'm pretty sure there are more changes to final si version -- on the other hand, I'm glad i didn't wait for Si model to come out.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
ye
I'd be really disappointed if this is the 2017 si, I don't really see any change from coupe model -- Except the exhaust which isn't that attractive. As for the wheels, these are 18" compared to 20" on concept and you can install these on any 2016 models.

I'm pretty sure there are more changes to final si version -- on the other hand, I'm glad i didn't wait for Si model to come out.
yeah especially if they don't do it in the EGP:D

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
"We have yet to receive any solid info.. blah blah." You sound like one of those dealer rep. What do you mean the type R could be completely different from the Si? LMAO. Type R is in a whole different level than Si.

Again, keep dreaming on AWD, if they've already beaten GTR in Nurburging, why make it AWD and make it more heavy? Sometimes, common sense is not so common. But hey, if you're CEO of Honda USA, and people do whatever you say, then hands down, "Si will hold a sport title."

"Just because the Type R is finally coming to the US does not mean the Si doesn't hold a sport title." - I'm having problem understanding this.. so you mean to say Honda offers Type R to come to US, which is 10x better than Si, but we'll keep them both in sport category? Hmmmm.. One has all the goodies, while the other one has barely enough in it, and somehow both are considered in sport title.. I had no idea that there is such thing as 1st place, 1st place, and 1st place.

Do you remember when BMW released the M235i? This is BMW saying, hey we got a "affordable car with some M goodies so you can feel like you're driving an actual M car."
We're not disagreeing with you... We just all agree that your a douche no but all seriousness, SI is not in a "sport class" it's just sportier than the everyday civic...see your both right! Plus I think he was giving AWD as an example as to how much we don't know about what's coming. But we all know it will be FWD
Sponsored