2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe First Sighting!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Could't help but laugh at your post haha, "like HUH"
Yeah dude. I mean they're professional sales people and not really enthusiasts. Probably like 98% of the people they deal with are just trying to get basic transportation and I totally get that. It's impossible to meet a Honda or Acura sales person that is more passionate about suspension, brake, and engine specifics than I am when I get there.
Sponsored

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah dude. I mean they're professional sales people and not really enthusiasts. Probably like 98% of the people they deal with are just trying to get basic transportation and I totally get that. It's impossible to meet a Honda or Acura sales person that is more passionate about suspension, brake, and engine specifics than I am when I get there.
Agreed, you'll find very few dealerships that actually know their stuff when it comes to the specs. Most of them probably read the brochure and go off that. Maybe that's why Honda sends HondaProJason to the actual dealerships to train the sales people.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
When I bought my Si, my salesman straight up told me..."I get my news about upcoming products from the same place you get yours". He didn't try to tell me something I wanted to know and didn't tell me something I knew to be false. -and I appreciated that.

I took my Si in for its first service and the tech who came out to tell me about the work he performed had a red Honda H tattooed on his arm and when I asked him about it, he said you will probably appreciate these tats too. -a Mugen and Spoon tat. Yes, I know the guy working on my car has a genuine appreciation for the vehicle and isn't there to collect a paycheck. -and from then on, all of my work went to the dealer.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Is it a certainty that the SI will be released as a hatch? If so how many months (ballpark) after the coupe is released? Thanks!
Sentiment on that topic ranges from absolutely to absolutely not, with myself in the "seems likely" category. We can surmise that all Si variants will have been released well before the CTR drops, and we know that will be "Spring 2017." I would predict all Si variants will be on dealer lots by the end of March.

Ma_deuce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500, 2002 ZX2, 2017 Si Coupe
Sentiment on that topic ranges from absolutely to absolutely not, with myself in the "seems likely" category. We can surmise that all Si variants will have been released well before the CTR drops, and we know that will be "Spring 2017." I would predict all Si variants will be on dealer lots by the end of March.
Has their been any official word from Honda on a spring release for the R?

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
HPJ has said so definitively, and it fits perfectly with Honda's self-stated goal of releasing the entire new Civic line within 18 months of November 2015.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In addition to @DavidJBrooks the North American head of PR (can't think of the name) did a walk-around video with a magazine- super street maybe? Anyway a link to it is probably on here somewhere. ... anyway he said it 2 or 3 times "...when we see it in the spring." or "...available this spring...". It was pretty exciting!

Gili Greg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
In addition to @DavidJBrooks the North American head of PR (can't think of the name) did a walk-around video with a magazine- super street maybe? Anyway a link to it is probably on here somewhere. ... anyway he said it 2 or 3 times "...when we see it in the spring." or "...available this spring...". It was pretty exciting!
Sage Marie

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

jpoindexter6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Honda LX
Here is your first look at the 2017 Honda Civic Si out testing in the wild for the first time!

The Si coupe will feature a slightly modified, sportier front end with a redesigned front intake and minor adjustments to the grille.

Major changes are visible in this 2017 Civic Si prototype with a wide center rear exhaust pipe similar to that seen on the 2016 Civic Coupe Concept unveiled at the 2015 New York Auto Show.

The prototype also shows a taped-off rear lower bumper/diffuser area signaling that there could be aesthetic or functional differences between the Si and standard Civic X models, with perhaps a tamer version of the aggressive central exhaust found on the Civic Concept.

Much of the chrome trim and badges found on the statelier 2016 Civic models have also been covered on this Si prototype.

The interior view confirms that the 2017 Civic Si will offer a six-speed manual transmission, carbon fiber dashboard trim, alcantara door trim, well-bolstered bucket seats and red stitching on the steering wheel, shifter boot, seats and interior door panels.

The next-generation Civic Si will likely feature a detuned version of the Civic Type R's 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder, reportedly in the range of 220-230 horsepower. Look for it to go on sale in early 2017, with an auto show debut possible later this year.

2017 Honda Civic Si 1.jpg
2017 Honda Civic Si 2.jpg
2017 Honda Civic Si 3.jpg
2017 Honda Civic Si 4.jpg
2017 Honda Civic Si 5.jpg
2017 Honda Civic Si 6.jpg
2017 Honda Civic Si 7.jpg
2017 Honda Civic Si 8.jpg
2017 Honda Civic Si 9.jpg
2017 Honda Civic Si 10.jpg

UPDATED WITH MORE PHOTOS:

2017 Civic Si 1.jpg
2017 Civic Si 2.jpg
2017 Civic Si 3.jpg
2017 Civic Si 4.jpg
2017 Civic Si 5.jpg
2017 Civic Si 6.jpg
2017 Civic Si 7.jpg
2017 Civic Si Coupe Six Speed Manual.jpg

2017 Civic Si 9.jpg
2017 Civic Si 10.jpg
The car looks great but without the rear spoiler its gonna look just like the other models. I hope Honda does incorporate a wing like they did in 95% of the previous years.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The car looks great but without the rear spoiler its gonna look just like the other models. I hope Honda does incorporate a wing like they did in 95% of the previous years.
The Si will (unfortunately) have a wing; the holes for the wing are visible on the decklid.

Yet more evidence that the Si has been done for months and they were just waiting for the hatch release to sort out before releasing it. If this were just an engine and/or suspension mule, they would probably have slapped the decklid from a base coupe on there, and wouldn't have had to tape over the "Si" badge and yank the spoiler.
Sponsored