2017 honda civic sedan LX(cvt) won't start

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
no error message everytime I push my key it just click,click,click

then I decided to call the tow service but my brother told me "try to put your gear to N(NEUTRAL) then try to start the engine again" well guess what it works like a charm. so I put it back my gear to P(park) again then turn off the engine. I start my engine again and everything is working fine now.

so what do you think the problem? my car is 2 months old US version with 750 miles. sorry my English is bad
Sponsored

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Warranty

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
no error message everytime I push my key it just click,click,click

then I decided to call the tow service but my brother told me "try to put your gear to N(NEUTRAL) then try to start the engine again" well guess what it works like a charm. so I put it back my gear to P(park) again then turn off the engine. I start my engine again and everything is working fine now.

so what do you think the problem? my car is 2 months old US version with 750 miles. sorry my English is bad
Low battery voltage.. Car sat on the lot likelly. Do you take a long drive atleast one to two times a week? If not i would stop at a parts store and get a charge every couple of months... As it stands i would go to a auto parts store and ask them to test the battery.. At wich point they will likely state what i just did (if they know anything about cars).. If you search car wont start on this forum you will come across a couple of threads.. Were i stated what i just did.. All were due to exactly what i explained... If you arent gonna drive a long drive once a week i suggest you purchase a battery pack.. So u can charge it urself when needed.. I also drive very little currently.. About 2-3 miles every other day.. However i do take a long 100 mile round trip weekly..

At the same time o own a stick.. And can succesfully pop my car to get it started in my driveway if needed.. Eventho its only 13ft long anf the grade is about 6 degrees.. So long as i park it so im in reverse to get out..

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
This is not a warranty issue.. But the dealer would fix it as a courtesy.. Same as a car parts store.. Courtesy and on the house..

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
Used to be, as recently as a couple of years ago, Honda covered the original battery for 3/36. Replacement batteries were covered on a pro-rated basis up to 100 months.

Things may have changed in the last year or two, I haven't checked on this more recently than that. Pretty sure you're way good given the short amount of time you have had the car.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Used to be, as recently as a couple of years ago, Honda covered the original battery for 3/36. Replacement batteries were covered on a pro-rated basis up to 100 months.

Things may have changed in the last year or two, I haven't checked on this more recently than that. Pretty sure you're way good given the short amount of time you have had the car.
No no.. You are 100% correct.. That would be a warranty replacement.. When a battery is tested the readout isnt just pass (good) or fail (bad)..

The readout will state pass, charge or fail..

It is very common for someone. (Especially when the car has sat on a lot for a period of time) to come accross a dead battery only a few weeks or months after purchasing the vehicle.. Especially in a case like myself..

It is also why its a courtesy to fix..

Your 3 options.. Free ones atleast are..

1)go for a long drive once every few weeks.
2)go to a parts store.. They will verify and charge it.. Or be shady and tell you it needs to be replaced.
3)go to the dealer and they will also tell you it only needs a recharge. Also done if car is out of warranty.. As it happens to low mileage drivers.. (Ive had a shady dealer try to get me to buy a new battery.. Thinking i was out of warranty... Mr. Soandso.. We can replace your bateery for $139.99. We got a low charge on it.. I had been in europe for 2 months.. And new i needed "a charge" is i had to pop the clutch that day to get it to the dealer.. Once i showed them it was in warranty. They said.. Oh no.. Lets see if we can get it charhed up for you! You might not need one afterall!!! I laughed.. And said.. Ya... But NO.. You were greedy and now ur gonna put a new battery in my car..

I was a tech for a few years when i was younger.. So i knew they were gonna try and pull thus on me.. Needless to say i dont nornally go to that dealer.. Eventho its closer to me but had no choice that day as they do express and my normal dealer is hit or miss and your better off with an appointment.. Even for oil

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3 yr 36 month warranty period

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Takes less power to start
And again.. I just recommend a parts store. As in theres generally no appointment needed.. I never have.. You dont have to wait... And in general it should be closer.. I mean.. My dealer is 15 min away... Were as i have 5 parts stores within 3 miles of my house..

OP
OP

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Low battery voltage.. Car sat on the lot likelly. Do you take a long drive atleast one to two times a week? If not i would stop at a parts store and get a charge every couple of months... As it stands i would go to a auto parts store and ask them to test the battery.. At wich point they will likely state what i just did (if they know anything about cars).. If you search car wont start on this forum you will come across a couple of threads.. Were i stated what i just did.. All were due to exactly what i explained... If you arent gonna drive a long drive once a week i suggest you purchase a battery pack.. So u can charge it urself when needed.. I also drive very little currently.. About 2-3 miles every other day.. However i do take a long 100 mile round trip weekly..

At the same time o own a stick.. And can succesfully pop my car to get it started in my driveway if needed.. Eventho its only 13ft long anf the grade is about 6 degrees.. So long as i park it so im in reverse to get out..
When you say long drive how many miles? Monday to friday i use my car to go to work maybe 10miles a day then weekends my car stay on the garage.

When that accident happened on friday so it means i used my car from monday to thursday so it got charged right?

can you recommend me a battery pack so i will try it to charge it every once a month. Thanks!

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When you say long drive how many miles? Monday to friday i use my car to go to work maybe 10miles a day then weekends my car stay on the garage.

When that accident happened on friday so it means i used my car from monday to thursday so it got charged right?

can you recommend me a battery pack so i will try it to charge it every once a month. Thanks!
Exactly as i explained. 10 miles a day isnt gonna cut it.. I have a generic one from harbor freight...

Btw: your person #8 with this synptom due to not driving much

OP
OP

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Exactly as i explained. 10 miles a day isnt gonna cut it.. I have a generic one from harbor freight...

Btw: your person #8 with this synptom due to not driving much
Because i baby my car :) believe it or not before i had a car i own it for almost 2 years and the mileage is 4700miles :)
Sponsored