2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Assembly Video

44jayded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Watching this makes me wonder what was going on when they were finishing up assembly on mine, or many Civics, from what I've heard. There are so many things unaligned, and spaced bad on my coupe, and many others Civics. Makes me think that the guys that were assembling it were cross eyed.

SoichiroSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport, '17 Si coupe
Watching this makes me wonder what was going on when they were finishing up assembly on mine, or many Civics, from what I've heard. There are so many things unaligned, and spaced bad on my coupe, and many others Civics. Makes me think that the guys that were assembling it were cross eyed.
Wow, that's quite concerning. Especially coming from Honda.

CivicLX2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Side effect of first production year?

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Cool video. Thanks for posting OP.

They didn't show it, but do they dip the metal to rust proof it?

Also, I didn't realize they paint the inside the same colour as the exterior. Somehow, I thought it would be different. Shows how little I know about what goes into building a car.

todd111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Element SC
Country flag
Any word on UK production quality vs USA? I know the cars are just now coming to the US but I thought maybe someone from the UK might know about previous years quality.

sanderholland

My Driveway....
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, Civic Type-R (EP3, FN2, FK2)
Cool video. Thanks for posting OP.

They didn't show it, but do they dip the metal to rust proof it?

Also, I didn't realize they paint the inside the same colour as the exterior. Somehow, I thought it would be different. Shows how little I know about what goes into building a car.
Walk into a dealership, and open the hood of a new model Fit. You'll be surprised ;-)

bubbaleenc

Owning the country roads.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T Sedan '01 4Runner '18 Suburban
Country flag
Great Vid!

Did anyone else notice the front suspension tower brace built into the frame ~9:00?! That is awesome!

shakedown94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #8479. Past cars - 80 Civic,97 Civic,87 Integra,94 Integra,94 Civic,00 Integra,12 Hyundai Accent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great Vid!

Did anyone else notice the front suspension tower brace built into the frame ~9:00?! That is awesome!
Hahaha, so I'm not the only one to catch that little detail