First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag

08patsluv2 anni fa (modificato)
I have had to have the whole top end of 2016 Civic EXT replaced because everyone of my cam shafts was bad. the problem there is not enough oil pressure going through the engine because of the design. call Honda and complain the more people that do it will help us because the engines are going to last Honda Corp phone number 1-800-999-1009. please call it will help us all.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Jordan Caleb
3 mesi fa
Thanks that was what they thought at first but it turned out to be the linkage arm for the waste gate on the turbo. It heats up rapidly so its engineered to have a bit of play in it and can rattle a bit. Harmony Honda in Kelowna gave me a new turbo anyways just to make sure and demonstrated the issue on my old turbo. Way better service

BOH

Last edited:

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
At 99% it is that bracket, the dice are probably not very tight, who has this noise, try to touch that bracket with your finger while it makes noise
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Honda Civic Hatch Cold Start Sound staffa

Rob2112

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
At 99% it is that bracket, the dice are probably not very tight, who has this noise, try to touch that bracket with your finger while it makes noise
staffa.jpg
Mine started the same noise 2600 miles on the car.
I have yet to check this linkage cannot reach it with my finger there is a cover plate over it.
It's a rattle it sounds like it's coming from the area, only lasts about 10 or 15 seconds on startup.
2020 Honda Civic hatchback sport 6 MT.
Is this something we should be concerned about or ignore.??

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
no, I don't think that's a problem

vw has the same problem and has solved it with a paperclip

googla westagate noise or rattle

I had an appointment in Honda but I had to postpone it because a courier hit my back door.

in January I will decide whether to bring it, but the part number is online for 100 euros

gman24

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X6, Civic TypeR, Highlander
Country flag
staffa.jpg
I bought a 2019 with only 3K and I had this sound. This was 100% the issue!! Thank you for this information. I can breath easy now ;)

gman24

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X6, Civic TypeR, Highlander
Country flag
I noticed this same issue on my brand new 19 HB Sport Touring. Has anyone figured out if it is a real issue?
Do you find/see the answer?? It most certainly is the turbo waste-gate actuator rattling. Mine has 3K miles. I may adjust the nut or lubricate with high temp grease to stop rattle but it is completely benign and nothing to worry about. If someone wants pictures of where on the car this is located or how to access it I can do that.

dj2819

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you find/see the answer?? It most certainly is the turbo waste-gate actuator rattling. Mine has 3K miles. I may adjust the nut or lubricate with high temp grease to stop rattle but it is completely benign and nothing to worry about. If someone wants pictures of where on the car this is located or how to access it I can do that.
I wasn't watching this post so I didn't see that there were updates. Will try to find this nut and see if its needs tightening. I think I got used to noise if it is still there, haven't been paying attention.

Rob2112

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Yes that would be great knowing how to access it would be very informative also did the grease work.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored