2017 Honda Civic has an updated Infotainment System

TruthVandetta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
TOOOOO ALLLL THE PEOPLE FOR HONDA LAGGING ISSUES.
I found something that was a quite amazing fix..
not really a fix, but What i found out that was slowing my infotainment system!!!!
It was the USB stick. Because i have 256gb USB thumb drive, that makes my civic lag. I master reseted the Civic and took out the USB Thumb Drive and it made it alot smoother.
But then again... its not fixing its removing something. I just started uploading all my music on my phone and use apple carplay.
I have to say better then android auto~~~ i was using android auto with my note 7 but Carplay is truly simple and easy to use.
Everyone just try that it might be a quick fix.
Sponsored

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
JD POWERS Consumer Reports marked the 2016 Civic way down on their charts...in fact the Civic is no longer rated recommended by CR. Our local sales people had a meeting about this and it is all because of the crappy infotainment center. Honda dropped the ball big time and for those that read the ratings when buying they won't like what they see on the Civic.
I have a civic, didnt read their "expert" reviews, and I love my civic....someone asked me if I would trade it back in for my 06 accord coupe and I said no way, and it was a nice accord....the technology is far superior and I haven't had any issues with it....only issue i had was the recall (didn't have a problem, just took it in to get fixed), but got a free car wash out of it!

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
TOOOOO ALLLL THE PEOPLE FOR HONDA LAGGING ISSUES.
I found something that was a quite amazing fix..
not really a fix, but What i found out that was slowing my infotainment system!!!!
It was the USB stick. Because i have 256gb USB thumb drive, that makes my civic lag. I master reseted the Civic and took out the USB Thumb Drive and it made it alot smoother.
But then again... its not fixing its removing something. I just started uploading all my music on my phone and use apple carplay.
I have to say better then android auto~~~ i was using android auto with my note 7 but Carplay is truly simple and easy to use.
Everyone just try that it might be a quick fix.
I have an 8gb usb flash drive in mine that I use....no issues here, so maybe less on it helps? Also, my android auto is smooth as pie from my older LG G2

TruthVandetta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I have an 8gb usb flash drive in mine that I use....no issues here, so maybe less on it helps? Also, my android auto is smooth as pie from my older LG G2
yea maybe my storage is just too big i need goto wal mart and just get a 8gb one

jkm2730

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Based on the other thread http://www.civicx.com/threads/whats-your-firmware-version.5883/ there are several versions and Honda keeps them updating every few months. Build number can be seen ranging from 1.F186.69 to the latest 1.F191.56 in 2017 Civic. I have a 2016 (built in Sep) Civic EX with 1.F190.19
Can't be sure if they updated it specifically for 2017 models or if its just like a periodic update in 2016 Civics and are based on the month they're manufactured.

Assuming that these are just software updates, may be someone who has severe problems with their infotainment can ask their dealer to update it to the latest build number and see if 1.F191.XX can be built onto 2016 versions?
I'm one of those Touring model owners who hates his infotainment system (bluetooth does not stay connected, iPod static before every song, random lock ups, error codes popping up and rattling subwoofer). I took my vehicle in last week for the Electronic PB recall and showed the service folks the different "build" versions that I found on Civicx.com. I have 1.F186.69 and asked if they could update mine. They kept the vehicle for 2 days and initially told me yes they could. After the 2nd day they told me my version was actually the latest version. I don't believe them, but I also don't necessary believe they are supported by Honda America beyond the absolute minimum need to know basis for updates and software.

TruthVandetta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'm one of those Touring model owners who hates his infotainment system (bluetooth does not stay connected, iPod static before every song, random lock ups, error codes popping up and rattling subwoofer). I took my vehicle in last week for the Electronic PB recall and showed the service folks the different "build" versions that I found on Civicx.com. I have 1.F186.69 and asked if they could update mine. They kept the vehicle for 2 days and initially told me yes they could. After the 2nd day they told me my version was actually the latest version. I don't believe them, but I also don't necessary believe they are supported by Honda America beyond the absolute minimum need to know basis for updates and software.
try master reset it and have no usb that worked for me
now the only thing that is bugging me is the engine rattling

Truckin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I also have the touring model. Although I love most of the car and technology that comes with it....the infotainment system like you mentioned is probably the biggest issue I have with the car thus far. I also have attempted to request an update KNOWING from this forum that my current version of what Ver.1.F190.19 isn't the latest....however, I was told the same thing.....its up-to-date....go and have a nice day. As I have seen others state...it would be nice if we could just update the D** software ourselves.

CivicEXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
thanks for the update. I knew I felt screwed with mine. It's been terrible. Constantly beeping at me and switching screens. Won't reboot till I turn the car off sometimes.
Very unhappy with it.
I'm in Nolensville by the way
hey are the beeps and switching of the screens sound like pressing the back button? i've been having that problem ever since the e-brake update.

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE 2016 HONDA TOURING SYSTEM only.

Today I found out that Honda is ALREADY replacing the 2016 Touring Infotainment HU with a new 2017 model.

As a matter of fact, the parts system says, does not fit the 2016 Touring Civic. (I am sure this is marked to keep dealers from ordering the new one for customers who are totally unhappy with the current one.

Like I said, and I had some nay-sayers...the current one must be junk, for Honda to replace it so fast. I don't know if this is a new vendor for the part, but what ever they did, the current owners are screwed.

I am going to take a wild guess, it has a better processor, more RAM, and updated BT chip.

If you get a replacement, it will be the old one. I would wait and see if Honda updates the 2016 model.
I'm afraid of buying a Civic now from reading of the many infotainment issues. I'm considering waiting to buy a 2017 in a month or even next year ,to see acumilated data. Also considering an LX over an Ex. Although maybe all have same system? ( Information on newer 2017 owners experiences anywhere on Web is non-existent other than here.)

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
I'm afraid of buying a Civic now from reading of the many infotainment issues. I'm considering waiting to buy a 2017 in a month or even next year ,to see acumilated data. Also considering an LX over an Ex. Although maybe all have same system? ( Information on newer 2017 owners experiences anywhere on Web is non-existent other than here.)
If you listened to every last bit of internet hyperbole you would never buy anything.

jkm2730

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
My 2cents is that you DO NOT purchase a Touring model, I can not speak for any other model. I wish I had done better research but I trusted Honda based solely on their name and previous Consumer Reports information. Never again would I purchase a Honda or a first year redesign of any brand.

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
My 2cents is that you DO NOT purchase a Touring model, I can not speak for any other model. I wish I had done better research but I trusted Honda based solely on their name and previous Consumer Reports information. Never again would I purchase a Honda or a first year redesign of any brand.
I'm not sure which models are effected below the Touring model. I always have had Toyota before . Never any major issues with them. I may just buy a Toyota Camry . After all, its not as cool as the Honda cars ,but at least it's dependable. Besides Camry was also revamped in 2015 and more tolerable than before.Thanks for your input though!
Sponsored