2017 Honda Civic has an updated Infotainment System

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
As opposed to listening to fanboys who feel Honda can do no wrong.
There's a middle ground too. There are plenty of people like me who've had zero problems with theirs. And this from a guy who dumped his 2015 Accord after one year just due to its unfixable wind noise problem.
Sponsored

jkm2730

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm not sure which models are effected below the Touring model. I always have had Toyota before . Never any major issues with them. I may just buy a Toyota Camry . After all, its not as cool as the Honda cars ,but at least it's dependable. Besides Camry was also revamped in 2015 and more tolerable than before.Thanks for your input though!
The 2016 Camry was my 2nd choice, just not as fun to drive in my opinion. My previous vehicle was a 2010 Prius (first year model) and it never had an issue, but not at all furn to drive. I just thought for the $$ I was going to get so much more on the 2016 Civic. If not for the infotainment, rattling sub and grinding noise on startup I would love this car.

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
The 2016 Camry was my 2nd choice, just not as fun to drive in my opinion. My previous vehicle was a 2010 Prius (first year model) and it never had an issue, but not at all furn to drive. I just thought for the $$ I was going to get so much more on the 2016 Civic. If not for the infotainment, rattling sub and grinding noise on startup I would love this car.
I guess having been burned on so many American cars of my youth, I'm not as concerned about the driving experience as in reliabilty.
I to was impressed with all the upgrades on the new Civic. I'll settle for less if it means less trouble down the road.

Tsturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MDX Advance SH-AWD, 2018 TLX 2.4 w/8DCT
Country flag
My 2cents is that you DO NOT purchase a Touring model, I can not speak for any other model. I wish I had done better research but I trusted Honda based solely on their name and previous Consumer Reports information. Never again would I purchase a Honda or a first year redesign of any brand.
Wow, pretty strong statement. You would pass on a Honda because of this? Good luck with that.

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
Wow, pretty strong statement. You would pass on a Honda because of this? Good luck with that.
I am certain I would never buy a Honda if I had his experiences. I'm not loyal to a particular brand at all.

jkm2730

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Tsturbo, Do you own the Touring model? I generally purchase a new car every 4-6 years (3 Infiniti's, 2 Acura's, 5 Toyota's, 1 Nissan, 1 Subaru, 1 Lexus, 2 Honda's) and I have never experienced what this Civic has done, as a matter of fact not sure any of those previous new cars had any real issues. I own a 9 year old Toyota that has Bluetooth that works every time with our phones, which our Civic does not. To me its about driving experience - here is one example, there are others - If on my way to work in the morning I want to listen to my iPod should I expect it to work? I would say yes, but no, the audio just plain stops or doesn't play at all until I do a reboot of the system while driving. Can the dealer duplicate it, you bet they could. They replaced the entire stereo and guess what, it didn't fix it. They have basically said that there is nothing more they can do. Would I pass on a car like that, you bet I would - I made a poor purchase and I really don't want others to fall into the same mess.

Tsturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tsturbo, Do you own the Touring model? I generally purchase a new car every 4-6 years (3 Infiniti's, 2 Acura's, 5 Toyota's, 1 Nissan, 1 Subaru, 1 Lexus, 2 Honda's) and I have never experienced what this Civic has done, as a matter of fact not sure any of those previous new cars had any real issues. I own a 9 year old Toyota that has Bluetooth that works every time with our phones, which our Civic does not. To me its about driving experience - here is one example, there are others - If on my way to work in the morning I want to listen to my iPod should I expect it to work? I would say yes, but no, the audio just plain stops or doesn't play at all until I do a reboot of the system while driving. Can the dealer duplicate it, you bet they could. They replaced the entire stereo and guess what, it didn't fix it. They have basically said that there is nothing more they can do. Would I pass on a car like that, you bet I would - I made a poor purchase and I really don't want others to fall into the same mess.
No, I currently do not, but plan to buy one in the near future because of Honda engineering, motor, drivetrain, longevity, reliability and resale. You need to press the dealer hard for a radio fix if you are having issues, Honda does not make the radio. I think it is a stupid statement you make about NEVER buying another Honda over this.

brianric

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brianric.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
No, I currently do not, but plan to buy one in the near future because of Honda engineering, motor, drivetrain, longevity, reliability and resale. You need to press the dealer hard for a radio fix if you are having issues, Honda does not make the radio. I think it is a stupid statement you make about NEVER buying another Honda over this.
No, it just shows you got Honda tattooed on your ass.

Tsturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, it just shows you got Honda tattooed on your ass.
No, it just shows that I spend my money wisely on the product which will give me the best return on the things that are important to me, such as resale, reliability, longevity, etc.

brianric

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brianric.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
No, it just shows that I spend my money wisely on the product which will give me the best return on the things that are important to me, such as resale, reliability, longevity, etc.
You're going to lose on resale. With the exception of Chrysler products my Honda Touring is the most troublesome new car I have ever owned.

jkm2730

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
You're going to lose on resale. With the exception of Chrysler products my Honda Touring is the most troublesome new car I have ever owned.
Amen brother. The 2016 Civic went from Consumer Reports recommended to POOR, I sure hope this doesn't affect resale but I would expect it would. WSJ article from October

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Honda Civic has an updated Infotainment System upload_2016-11-23_20-48-12

jkm2730

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Tsturbo, I live just across the border from you and if you are interested I am willing to part with my very low mileage (2100 miles) 2016 Touring at a steal of a price. Car is always garaged and is still in perfect condition. Even has a brand new stereo and starter. I've installed factory Homelink. Cosmic Blue Metallic with gray leather. Husky floor liners and OEM trunk liner.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do have a Pontiac Vibe sir. It's going in 155,000 miles and few problems . I'm proud if that purchase and won't apologise.
Pontiac Vibes = Toyota Matrix. Not surprised you have 155K and few problems. Almost bought one myself before I picked up a used CR-V a few years back.
Sponsored