2017 Honda Civic has an updated Infotainment System

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE 2016 HONDA TOURING SYSTEM only.

Today I found out that Honda is ALREADY replacing the 2016 Touring Infotainment HU with a new 2017 model.

As a matter of fact, the parts system says, does not fit the 2016 Touring Civic. (I am sure this is marked to keep dealers from ordering the new one for customers who are totally unhappy with the current one.

Like I said, and I had some nay-sayers...the current one must be junk, for Honda to replace it so fast. I don't know if this is a new vendor for the part, but what ever they did, the current owners are screwed.

I am going to take a wild guess, it has a better processor, more RAM, and updated BT chip.

If you get a replacement, it will be the old one. I would wait and see if Honda updates the 2016 model.
Sponsored

er4smiths

Honda Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Lunar Silver
thanks for the update. I knew I felt screwed with mine. It's been terrible. Constantly beeping at me and switching screens. Won't reboot till I turn the car off sometimes.
Very unhappy with it.
I'm in Nolensville by the way

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
This is why you lease and not buy a car like this :D

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
This is why you lease and not buy a car like this :D
Ya wtf... Mine flickers everyday if my brightness isn't cranked to max :mad:

It's great at night when it blinds you worse than an on coming driver with they're high beams on, and makes me want to have a seizure in the mornings when it flickers like a strobe light..

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Is the infotainment in the Touring that much worse than the one in the EX trims? I'm a relatively new owner but I haven't had any symptoms resembling the ones in this thread.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is the infotainment in the Touring that much worse than the one in the EX trims? I'm a relatively new owner but I haven't had any symptoms resembling the ones in this thread.
Not necessarily; but earlier builds had a recall for the Touring's amp to be updated. And really all the tech goodies in the Touring just make for more electronic things to go wrong in general, and 90% of the tech is routed through the head unit.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
No, identical head unit minus the amp (which is located in the trunk)? @Billy4202

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I've had the no audio issue happen once in 5 months of ownership and after letting it cool off for 10 mins it worked again. Otherwise, no actual problems although scrolling through songs on my iPod can be too fast for the system to keep up effectively

BoringOhio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
So you have no details on what's different or what makes it incompatible with the 2016, and pretty much just know it's a new part number? I'd urge you all to take this with a grain of salt until we have some sort of confirmation that this part is actually different in some way. A new part number doesn't mean anything has actually changed with the internals. Ben has made plenty of freak out posts over the infotainment in the past, so let's wait until we know more to start getting pissed off.

Also, don't the EX-T and Touring both use the same head unit in the 2016? Why would only the Touring be changed?

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I have never had a single problem with my touring infotainment and I had one of the earliest units. I doubt that honda would change much other than minor improvements or to reduce cost.

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could it be this one? This is taken off from the the 2018 Honda crv, it does indeep have a volume knob. I have to say it looks really out of place though, unless there's a tune button on the other side. I'm thinking this is what they'll be going with going forward.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Honda Civic has an updated Infotainment System volumemknob
Sponsored