2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends

BirchyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T 6MT
Just fyi, here's a solution if you have to remove the rear cover but keep the seats up.

IMG_20170527_181748197.jpg
Thanks. I almost always have the back seats down, but will use this when they're up.
Sponsored

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
Thanks for the Hatch thread OP.

Love the hatch...have always owned a wagon or hatch or SUV for the versatility.

The zeta one is ok (the inside cut curve is off)
http://www.civicx.com/threads/different-bumper-protector-applique-for-17-hatchback.11183/

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends IMG_0586.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends IMG_0587.JPG

But figured something is better than nothing.
The clear film appliqué is not what I wanted...wanted something more substantial in looks and feel.
The heavy rubber feels just right for hauling dogs, Home Depot runs, outdoor gear with friends etc.

I have always owned some kind of hatch, wagon or SUV and figure ill put something there for peace of mind.
Likewise I just ordered a screen protector...don't know if I'll ever do damage to it but that one time something pokes it and causes a scratch I'd be heartbroken

gimpy9195

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ST
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends IMG_0088.JPG

Got the Sport Touring.. My go to tint place said they could;t do the hatch. Then I read on here about removing the spoiler. Took it to another place and they have a computer cutter with all the windows pre measured. They did it that day no problem. 30 CTX and 80 AIR.

Thinking about getting the red type r badges.. is that faux pas?

OP
OP
chard31

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
Last edited by a moderator:

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Sorry if this has been covered but I was not able to find anything about it. I have a 2017 ex hatch. I opened the floorboard to get my jacket and the other day and it was missing. I found it very odd that there was a donut tire but no tires. I was about to call the dealership but then I noticed the compartment in the trunk to the left hand side. I opened it up and the jack tools were all there. What is the reason they placed the tools here and not the foam tray where the spare is located? My wife drives a 2016 sedan and she has the foam insert. Any thoughts?

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
Sorry if this has been covered but I was not able to find anything about it. I have a 2017 ex hatch. I opened the floorboard to get my jacket and the other day and it was missing. I found it very odd that there was a donut tire but no tires. I was about to call the dealership but then I noticed the compartment in the trunk to the left hand side. I opened it up and the jack tools were all there. What is the reason they placed the tools here and not the foam tray where the spare is located? My wife drives a 2016 sedan and she has the foam insert. Any thoughts?
I think because of different design teams and suppliers

pyropinky

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' civic hatch sport touring 6sp SGP
Since I only have my Hatchback a few days, I'll share a few quick observations...

I would love to create some type of 'privacy curtain' for where the iPhone/Android sits...

There will be times that I want to keep it there for whatever reason and I would prefer that nobody sees the cell sitting there in plain sight...

Thoughts?
what about just using the lower level?

AgVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Anyone have the cargo net and could provide the dimensions of it? Or if someone has an after-market one that works, what dimensions did you go with for the hatch?

OP
OP
chard31

chard31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
Well, it's almost been a whole year since I picked up my '17 EX HB...
Here's the end of year MPG table...

Does it seem about right compared to others?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback - This & That - Odds & Ends 2017HondaCivicEXHBMPG01a
Sponsored