2017 hatchback sport...chip on window? wtf?

l3randonf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevrolet 1500, 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
It's on the solid black hard plastic / glass trim piece. I only have 150 miles on the car. Pretty sure I just didn't see that when I bought it.

The car also had a scratched interior door handle as well but I caught it before I bought it. So the dealer threw in wheel locks and free floor mats for that.

I also just saw two tiny paint chips on the front left fender. The paint chips could have been caused by a rock I guess.

Should I even bother talking to the dealer about the window? Is water going to get in there? Horrible luck. I mean I have babied this thing meticulously for all 150 miles lol.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 hatchback sport...chip on window? wtf? IMG_20170414_213959
Sponsored

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hard to see but that looks like a decent chip. I'd keep an eye out. If it leaks its covered a under warranty anyways. Little cosmetic things are not and that's typical wear and tear but a leaking window oculus potentially be considered a defective item that would be covered

OP
OP

l3randonf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevrolet 1500, 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hard to see but that looks like a decent chip. I'd keep an eye out. If it leaks its covered a under warranty anyways. Little cosmetic things are not and that's typical wear and tear but a leaking window oculus potentially be considered a defective item that would be covered
I've tried looking up the part on honda parts network but can't be sure which. Upon closer inspection this morning I do not believe this will leak. The glass is not incorporated in this area and the weather stripping looks intact.

Might not even be that hard to replace if I can pin point the part number. Anybody know for sure which part?
Sponsored