2017 Hatchback Smart Entry issue.......anybody experience this yet......

CrazyALee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback
Country flag
I have roughly 15k miles on my 2017 EX hatchback now, and up to this point I had to disconnect the battery maybe 4 times total because it stopped recognizing my fob for keyless entry unless I actually hit the unlock button on the remote...

Its not a huge deal but quite an annoyance from time to time.

Still no fix for this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
The only issue I have is the rapid beeping from time to time. Other then that, the car starts everytime and the remote start works on every attempt

itbedave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had to do it once, in 2 years and have not had to do it since . I also get a lot of beeping and having to open and close doors that are clearly closed, sometimes multiple times.

Olmsteez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EXT Hatch
Country flag
Yes,

Someone else posted about this same issue with their 2016 Civic.
I went to my dealership, and they said they saw the same problem.
In my case... after 60+sec the door handle would not recognize my hand, nor would pushing the hatch button open the trunk.
Also, after 60+sec of keeping the car unlocked, the trunk button was non-responsive.
You had to do something (lock/unlock) for anything to respond again... worked... but not after 60+sec.

Solution:
Have your Body Control Unit (BCU) replaced.

Make sure to take BOTH of your FOB in, because they will need to reprogram your FOBs to the new control unit.

So far... issue was not come back.
At the risk of pointing out the obvious, in order to replace the BCM, you have to disconnect the battery. The only way you can truly tell if the BCM is the fix is to have tried the battery reset first unsuccessfully and then solved the problem with the replacement of the BCM. I have yet to see one post where a battery reset did not fix the problem (at least temporarily). But, there was also at least one person that got TWO BCMs and still had the issue.

velocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There is an easier way. I forgot to post it when I did it a year ago.

All you have to do is pop the hood and go into your fuze box. Find the one the resets your electronics (should be on the lid) and simply unplug and plug it back in. Been working ever since.

Let me know if you need any help.

CrazyALee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback
Country flag
There is an easier way. I forgot to post it when I did it a year ago.

All you have to do is pop the hood and go into your fuze box. Find the one the resets your electronics (should be on the lid) and simply unplug and plug it back in. Been working ever since.

Let me know if you need any help.
If you have time, can you please take a picture of the one in the fuse box with thsoe specific electronics?

velocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have time, can you please take a picture of the one in the fuse box with thsoe specific electronics?
Sorry it took so long. Here it is.
The layout is just printed under the cover of your fuse box. They even come with a white tweezer made for pulling out fuses. Just simply pull the fuse for the ECU and then plug it back in. I haven't had a problem since then and if I did, this is the easiest thing to do.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback Smart Entry issue.......anybody experience this yet...... IMG_20181125_164212

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
Anybody know how to open hatchback when the battery is dead or disconnected? Is there a manual pull somewhere similar to the sedans??

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
My '17 Touring has the exact same issue OP notes. Going to try out pulling the fuse as per post #157. Dealer says the fix is to replace BCM, and tbh, since the BCM is just a little black box that they know little about the inner workings of, I can only hope that replacing that little black box is going to fix things up.

Nxespo182

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback exl-nav
Country flag
------this works------
disconnect the negative battery terminal for 30+ seconds.

PGrif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L w/Nav
Country flag
It has been three months, and my 2nd reset seems to be holding. I haven't had any issues since, and have washed it countless times and have driven through all types of weather. I am praying the issue is done, since I am completely used to placing my hand in the handle and gaining immediate açcess to the car... to the point that I feel foolish when I try the same thing (repeatedly) with my company car, and stand there dumbfounded when it won't open. :)
It has now been over two years, and I haven't had to reset the car since I did it the second time... everything has worked perfectly. I hope everyone else has had good luck and fixed their entry problem as well.
Sponsored