2017 Hatchback Roof Rack

WayahWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Manual
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you with the Yakima baseline towers, what base clips did you use for the front and rear. I had mine installed for me and rear pads looks like a perfect fit for the rear, but the front there's a gap and part of the pad i son the roof. The rear is on the outer roof/near door and the weather strip that's separates the roof. Can you post pictures of your front and rear tower and how they sit on the civic?
The Yakima BaseClip numbers are 186 and 187, can't remember which is front/back as I installed them myself a while back. Your front towers and clips should be seated as perfectly as your rear ones though. I was honestly amazed at how perfectly everything lines up once you've adjusted all of the fitment settings. The towers are adjustable in literally every direction, they even tilt to level the jetstream or corebars (pic). It sounds like yours weren't installed correctly and deserve another look by the installer.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback Roof Rack rack side view cropped
Sponsored

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
On a related note:
ANYONE HERE FROM THE UK?
I'm still also interested in finding out more about, and even possibly buying that Honda factory roof rack that's apparently only sold in the UK.

I once had a Hyundai rack on my '08 Sonata - turns out the OEM's outsource these things to companies like Thule - the Sonata rack WAS a Thule rack, but with Hyundai logos rather than Thule logos, plus was a perfect fit.
I love this option - same high quality as Thule, less of a theft-target, and yet looking less added-on. Maybe the Honda rack is similar? Would love to find out - maybe wouldn't even mind paying the ridiculous fees to get it to the USA.

Any help is appreciated - and there's probably others in this thread interested as well. :patriot:[/QUOTE]

Geolemon, try this website in the uk www.coxmotorparts.co.uk I have been dealing with them for years and they are great guys, have a look on their website and drop them an email they maybe able to ship to the states.

Gary

DJLILJOE

First Name
JOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L NAVI
2017 Honda Civic EX-L NAVI Hatchback with Thule Motion XT XXL cargo box painted body color, Thule AeroBars painted gross black and Thule windscreen.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback Roof Rack Thule_1

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback Roof Rack Thule_2

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback Roof Rack Thule_3

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback Roof Rack Thule_4

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
2017 Honda Civic EX-L NAVI Hatchback with Thule Motion XT XXL cargo box painted body color, Thule AeroBars painted gross black and Thule windscreen.

Thule_1.jpg

Thule_2.jpg

Thule_3.jpg

Thule_4.jpg
Did the fairing help reduce the wind noise?

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
just to butt in, adding a fairing to mine got rid of the noise on mine. thule with square bars tho.
What i read from thule that the square bar and any bar that was released before the aeroblade will benefit from having fairing installed. Aeroblade is designed without the fairing. I have the aeroblade right now and i find it still noisy but tolerable. I have not heard how noisy the square bar so i have nothing to compare.

myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatchback LX 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thule_1.jpg
How is the wind noise and drag just from the cargo box? How does it affect the handling of the car?

That thing is huge, it looks great!

DJLILJOE

First Name
JOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the fairing help reduce the wind noise?
I honestly do not have a base line to go off. I just installed everything at once.

nick94

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I honestly do not have a base line to go off. I just installed everything at once.
It looks fantastic! How much did it cost? Are you happy with it? How is the noise and the handling (especially on the snow)?

DJLILJOE

First Name
JOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is the wind noise and drag just from the cargo box? How does it affect the handling of the car?

That thing is huge, it looks great!
The wind noise is noticeable have to turn the music up slightly more than normal. It is tolerable compared to a square bar setup car that I rode in and that was not acceptable. The drag is noticeable MPG went down an instant 6 tenths of a mile but now we are in winter blend season, so no real numbers unless I dip below 34 MPG as that is where it hovers in winter. The handling is not really noticeable but in wind yes, especially behind tractor trailers. Its on now basically because I couldn't wait until spring to try it out. My intentions are packing a lot of things for music festivals.

DJLILJOE

First Name
JOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks fantastic! How much did it cost? Are you happy with it? How is the noise and the handling (especially on the snow)?
The box was used once from NY to FL and back. New cost over $800 and I paid $400. The roof rack is over $500 new, I paid $200 and it was used for about a year. I had to buy fit kit (specific to car as the one used was off a Nissan Sentra) and wind screen was a total of $200. It was $500 to paint box body color and bars gloss black. So around $1,300 invested. I am very happy with it and just in the 2 days so many looks and people stopping me to talk haha. It was listed as the Thule Motion XT Xl on the site which in my eyes was pushing it already and when I got to the place to buy it was the XXL. As for the noise and handling I just posted a reply above. No great snow fall yet and only used on bare roads, hopefully it'll only help with being heavy. I actually have pretty wore tires now but have an appointment this Friday 11/23 to install new all seasons - Vredestein Quatrac 5.

ohnay

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Was trying to search other posts and this one about this, but has anyone tried a DIY or is there a lock of some sort I can get for the Thule fairing? It just clips over the bars and can easily be stolen within seconds so just curious what other people are doing.