2017 Hatchback now live on honda.com - accessories pics live too!

Tsturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MDX Advance SH-AWD, 2018 TLX 2.4 w/8DCT
Country flag
With the hatch, European owners seem to have the best features and more choices. Canada too. The US is sort of like a third world country to Honda (apparently) as we get the short end of the stick. :what:

Payback for WWII?? Ok, I'm kidding about that.
Nah, it is because (like it or not) we get Acura.
Sponsored

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Canada has Acura, too. But we still get slightly better choices for our Civics.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Canada has Acura, too. But we still get slightly better choices for our Civics.
But our Acuras are even higher up the ladder lol. We get Rain Sensing wipers/A spec badge on ILX, TLX gets heated steering wheel and power folding mirrors, RLX only comes in Sport Hybrid.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But our Acuras are even higher up the ladder lol. We get Rain Sensing wipers/A spec badge on ILX, TLX gets heated steering wheel and power folding mirrors, RLX only comes in Sport Hybrid.
Let me tell you that the ILX is a glorified Civic here in Canada. Has less amenities and its smaller than the civic. The TLX is not so great. Test drove several and didn't like them. The only one that was kinda cool was the AWD but it gets pretty pricey.

What's the main difference between the US and Canada version of the hatch?

Most of the time all the European models get more stuff then the North American versions.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let me tell you that the ILX is a glorified Civic here in Canada. Has less amenities and its smaller than the civic. The TLX is not so great. Test drove several and didn't like them. The only one that was kinda cool was the AWD but it gets pretty pricey.

What's the main difference between the US and Canada version of the hatch?

Most of the time all the European models get more stuff then the North American versions.

We also have to take into account that over in Europe the accord isn't sold anymore (at least in many of those markets) so the civic is filling that gap as their mid size family car and is competing with smaller luxury cars like the A3. Europeans are alot pickier about their cars than we are and have very specific tastes. I mean, the accord is a best seller in North America, and they had to completely stop selling it over there. And obviously we have acura as well here even though looking spec to spec at accord/TLX and civic/ILX the hondas are not only cheaper but in their top spec form just as feature packed as the acuras, if not more so (with only AWD missing from the accord).

That said, i'm not sure acura needs to go away completely, but they definitely need to up their game and step upmarket out of the pseudo lux category and give honda a little more wiggle room on civic and accord.

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
With the hatch, European owners seem to have the best features and more choices. Canada too. The US is sort of like a third world country to Honda (apparently) as we get the short end of the stick. :what:
Actually, while some may better prefer a specific package of theirs, Canada gets less choices than the U.S. regarding the hatchback.

And as others have pointed out above, Honda UK has no Civic coupe, no Civic sedan, no Accord model, and no Acura brand! So a heck of a lot rests on the Civic Hatchback - and its competitors are different there, including entry-level BMW, Benz and Audi models - hence the excess features.

Overall, with 3 different body style Civics, with 5 different trim levels each (soon to be 6 each, and not even including Sensing packages), it's hard to agree that we get less choices in the big picture!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
When I was referring to less choices I wasn't referring the various sensing/no sensing combinations. I'm saying Europe gets more choices in terms of major things like engines and things like adjustable dampers and blind spot monitoring. Canada get models with Carplay and a sunroof with a manual. The US doesn't. We may technically get more trim levels but we arguably get less features. I'm specifically talking the hatch here.

Last edited:

a77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TLX, Land Rover Defender
Those are big boils on it's $ss.
Iteresting that the canadian spec manual transmission Sport Touring Hatch does have Honda Sensing (without low speed follow of course). Nice to see this tech being available on a manual.

Negan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Batmobile
I still can't believe that accessory wing/spoiler is real. I really thought it was someone's photoshopped joke.

It's not though :(
Sponsored