2017 Hatchback now live on honda.com - accessories pics live too!

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually now that I look to those 18" rims... they look like Nazi stuff LOL... I CANT unseen it now! or like a swastika

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback now live on honda.com - accessories pics live too! {filename}
Sponsored

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag
Why are there 2 big black panels in the back bumper?

To avoid selling to anyone over the age of 5. I know I'm going to catch a lot of poo for saying that. Really though, remove the "Honeycomb Panels" and this car would be much better looking IMO.

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag
Uh well, she designed the ZDX and punched holes in the already designed NSX, so I am not sure you want that. If anything, I would have assumed she had a direct hand in this one.
Agreed. I don't love the NSX as much as I remember being blown away by the original but she does have her name on the ZDX and that was a total disaster. For what its worth I think they went a little too far outside the box with this hatch.

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag
I had a 90' LS and a 95' GSR, both were great cars and nice looking hatches. The 2017 civic hatch is unfortunately not so great. :(

Ukraineleo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Accord Coupe
Actually now that I look to those 18" rims... they look like Nazi stuff LOL... I CANT unseen it now! or like a swastika

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback now live on honda.com - accessories pics live too! {filename}
Can anyone edit this to be all black? Not really liking the silver on it, but curious what they'd look like if powdercoated. Would be interested in a gunmetal gray also.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think personally if the hatch had something more like the coupe back bumper and the same front bumper as the coupe/sedan the hatch would be a winner stylistically. They could've reserved the huge "sport" bumpers for the Si sedan/coupe and Sport model hatches and been fine.

It's funny how everyone hates the giant fake vents (i do too) and the few spy shots we've seen so far of the Si coupe has the SAME EXACT FRONT BUMPER as the hatch... which means all those waiting for the si... rejoice! You get giant fake vents too!

Ukraineleo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Accord Coupe
I think personally if the hatch had something more like the coupe back bumper and the same front bumper as the coupe/sedan the hatch would be a winner stylistically. They could've reserved the huge "sport" bumpers for the Si sedan/coupe and Sport model hatches and been fine.

It's funny how everyone hates the giant fake vents (i do too) and the few spy shots we've seen so far of the Si coupe has the SAME EXACT FRONT BUMPER as the hatch... which means all those waiting for the si... rejoice! You get giant fake vents too!
The front vents aren't as bad as the rear vents on the hatch

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The front vents aren't as bad as the rear vents on the hatch
I guess i feel opposite, i don't actually mind the rear vents as much, the front vents are not only huge, but the way they protrude outward from the car just makes them even more evident, at least the rear ones are a bit smaller and flush with the rest of the bumper.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I just got back from a dealership and they had two hatches... a white EX-L and a black EX. Here are some of my observations:

The car looks slightly better in person than in pics. The problem is the coupe and sedan that were parked nearby just look better... more cohesive. I actually didn't mind the big front vents too much. The rear is another story and that's where things go haywire with this design. The sedan has a nice flowing design overall. The proportions seem mostly right. The coupe looks nice as well and that rear end is flat out sexy. The hatchback front is great. I like the gloss black grille a lot. On the black car it almost looks menacing. The vents look ok with the fogs. Then you look toward the back and Honda lost me. The first 2/3 of the car flow but the last 1/3 looks "off", at least to me. There's something about the proportions of the back end that makes it look bulkier than the other two body styles. The hatch appears to be about the same length as the coupe but the hatch looks very "back heavy".

I also was surprised I liked the standard 17" silver/black wheels on the coupe/sedan more than the smoked version on the hatch. I understand where Honda was going with it, it's just that these wheels look better with the higher contrast as seen on the coupe/sedan. I'm sure the 18's on the Sport will look much better.

I sat in the car and looked rearward... the visibility borderline sucks. The rear window is smallish and the combination of the big C pillars and blacked out door trim don't help. One thing I really liked was the lower rear spoiler, it looked much better in person than in pics.

Overall, I'm sure many will love the design. It just didn't get me all that excited. I think I'm leaning toward the Coupe as my next car.

One last thing. The hatch truly is a world car. Reading the sticker, the car was built in the UK, engine from Thailand and the transmission was built in Japan.

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Ok, I just got back from a dealership and they had two hatches... a White EX-L and a black EX. Here are some of my observations:

The car looks slightly better in person than in pics. The problem is the coupe and sedan that were parked nearby just look better... more cohesive. I actually didn't mind the big front vents too much. The rear is another story and that's where things go haywire with this design. The sedan has a nice flowing design overall. The proportions seem mostly right. The coupe looks nice as well and that rear end is flat out sexy. The hatchback front is great. I like the gloss black grille a lot. On the black car it almost looks menacing. The vents look ok with the fogs. Then you look toward the back and Honda lost me. The first 2/3 of the car flow but the last 1/3 looks "off", at least to me. There's something about the proportions of the back end that makes it look bulkier than the other two body styles. The hatch appears to be about the same length as the coupe but the hatch looks very "back heavy".

I also was surprised I liked the standard 17" silver/black wheels on the coupe/sedan more than the smoked version on the hatch. I understand where Honda was going with it, it's just that these wheels look better with the higher contrast as seen on the coupe/sedan. I'm sure the 18's on the Sport will look much better.

I sat in the car and looked rearward... the visibility borderline sucks. The rear window is smallish and combination of the big C pillars and blacked out door trim don't help. One thing I really liked was the lower rear spoiler, it looked much better in person than in pics.

Overall, I'm sure many will love the design. It just didn't get me all that excited. I think I'm leaning toward the Coupe as my next car.

One last thing. The hatch truly is a world car. Reading the sticker, the car was built in the UK, engine from Thailand and the transmission was built in Japan.
An engine from Thailand... So it'd gonna break down at 100k right??

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
In the US, they're power adjustable, not power folding

podgeandrodge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Megane
it's not clear what the position is in the UK - it just says "power mirrors" which might also be power adjustable.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
it's not clear what the position is in the UK - it just says "power mirrors" which might also be power adjustable.
Yeah, don't quote the US owners site for specifications then. In the UK, it'll probably have power fold mirrors. Look for the button beside the LR adjust switch

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
With the hatch, European owners seem to have the best features and more choices. Canada too. The US is sort of like a third world country to Honda (apparently) as we get the short end of the stick. :what:

Payback for WWII?? Ok, I'm kidding about that.
Sponsored