2017 Hatchback now live on honda.com - accessories pics live too!

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now that I see them, the side trim panels are pretty good looking. I also like the optional wheels.

I'm actually bothered by the front panels more than the rear, it's flirting with the ugly plastic beards that Toyota/Lexus is putting on their cars.

Still, I like it. Not certain I'd take it over the sedan at this performance level.

I'm going to see one in person tomorrow, will report back.

SpartanSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX and Honda CR-V
Country flag
Does anyone know if the 6spd manual hatchbacks are getting released tomorrow or is it only CVT's? Really want to try out the manual transmission with the 1.5T.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't think that's Firefly, he was thinner back then. It's that show where he's a writer.
ANYTHING with Nathan Fillion is always a Firefly reference.:spaz:

And yes, now that I look at it, it's Castle, there is a similar gif from Firefly that tripped me up.

Last edited:

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The sample of the car looks horrible. Like a ricer model straight out of production. I hope I do not offend anyone but with all the add-ons it looks terrible. The wing on the top... it just nasty. People on FB seems to hate it. I like the new rims tho. I am looking forward to see how much they cost.

dephcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic Sedan LX-G, 2017 Civic Hatch Sport Sensing (pending)
Not sure if this has already been pointed out 1000 times... The breaks/rotors are way too small for 18in standard wheels, i like the HFP wheels but the breaks look like a joke.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
anyone planning on swapping out their sedan/coupe wheels for any of the hatch sport wheels?

im planning on swapping to either the standard sport wheels or the HFP wheels

Ukraineleo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Accord Coupe
I guess we can all agree, OP's build isn't the prettiest but if you actually read what he said; he was trying to make the Type-R impression. Ricer accessory wing and sunroof cover need to go. The standard wing looks good though. Fake vents on bumpers need to go. Needs bigger brakes. Otherwise I think it's a beautiful car, the aggressive edges fit the hatchback very nicely, and the HFP rims complement the design. The turbo/6MT combo are really exciting, and I'm glad Honda is heading in that direction.

On a side note, I'm still going to wait for the Si and Type-R release before making any purchases.

hybrid81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
That thing is hideous.

And man did they screw folks waiting for a 6 speed with that paltry options package.

The_Fenix_2.0

Brett Bynes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Country flag
Have these pics been posted here yet?

2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-left-side.jpg
2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-rear-three-quarters.jpg
Not gonna lie, in person, and in black, it looks freaking epic. But if I bought one, I'd stay stock. That accessory spoiler can't be the only other option. It looks like the took the spoiler from the old fit, and stretched it out, slapped it on the civic and went "that'll do nicely." Honda sure knows how to screw over NA with its highly anticipated goods. The Canadians and Europeans get the proper civic, the way it's supposed to be. And we get... This...
And those same old stupid 18" HFP wheels need to go. They've been around since the 9th gen.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback now live on honda.com - accessories pics live too! 2017-civic-hatch-acc-underbody-spoiler-front-1400-1x

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Not gonna lie, in person, and in black, it looks freaking epic. But if I bought one, I'd stay stock. That accessory spoiler can't be the only other option. It looks like the took the spoiler from the old fit, and stretched it out, slapped it on the civic and went "that'll do nicely." Honda sure knows how to screw over NA with its highly anticipated goods. The Canadians and Europeans get the proper civic, the way it's supposed to be. And we get... This...
And those same old stupid 18" HFP wheels need to go. They've been around since the 9th gen.

2017-civic-hatch-acc-underbody-spoiler-front-1400-1x.jpg
Canada is part of NA.... What do you think Canada is part of Europe?

The_Fenix_2.0

Brett Bynes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Country flag
Canada is part of NA.... What do you think Canada is part of Europe?
Let me rephrase that. The US. And no, I don't think that. I know where Canada is and where Europe is. My point is the US CIVIC seems like a leftover dish. Unless Honda plans on upgrading it throughout the model years.
Sponsored