2017 Hatchback now live on honda.com - accessories pics live too!

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-hatchback

The hatchback is back! Many of the pictures we've seen already, although color picker isn't working right now. Sedan and coupe still list 2016 models.

Looking at the accessories, I think we're seeing a hint of what the Type-R will be here:
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback now live on honda.com - accessories pics live too! {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback now live on honda.com - accessories pics live too! {filename}

Sponsored

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Does anyone know if Sport has navigation? Or we have to go all the way to touring to get a navi? Not a fan of using my phone or portable navi...

OP
OP

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic HB Sport Touring
Country flag
Why are there 2 big black panels in the back bumper?
Nothing more than looks in this Civic. Could be functional vents in the Type-R.
Does anyone know if Sport has navigation? Or we have to go all the way to touring to get a navi? Not a fan of using my phone or portable navi...
It does not. Navi comes with EX-L or Sport Touring.

Also noticed in the fine print in the color picker that "Sport Touring available this winter. Selected Trim, exterior color, and accessories will not appear on vehicle image."

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nothing more than looks in this Civic. Could be functional vents in the Type-R.

It does not. Navi comes with EX-L or Sport Touring.
"
crap... you either get manual ... or you get navi and cvt.... can not even choose what I want in my brand new car.... geez.... why can't we get ex-l with manual :(

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The more I look the more overdone it looks. And don't get me started on the poor packaging. I can get full features in a hatch with a manual in a Forte5, Mazda3, Focus, Golf etc., but not a Civic. Horrible decision by Honda.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The more I look the more overdone it looks. And don't get me started on the poor packaging. I can get full features in a hatch with a manual in a Forte5, Mazda3, Focus, Golf etc., but not a Civic. Horrible decision by Honda.
Even the damn configurator is half-baked, and how many times do they have to say it's "edgy" and "beyond exciting"? I'd be disappointed if I had waited for the hatch like I was going to originally. Mazda3 S Grand Touring hatch with the manual - still king.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
how many times do they have to say it's "edgy" and "beyond exciting"? I'd be disappointed if I had waited for the hatch like I was going to originally. Mazda3 S Grand Touring hatch with the manual - still king.
Agreed. I just don't understand where Honda is going with this hatch. The sedan is great. What a huge upgrade over the 9th gen. Then along comes the coupe and it's excellent too. But with the hatch, and I'm sorry to say this, it just looks like a mish mosh. It's not really a traditional hatch like a Golf, Elantra GT or Mazda3. It's closer in design to a liftback style. From some angles it looks like the sedan. It just looks like Honda was trying too hard with the huge vents and dual spoilers.

Maybe the look will grow on me but every time I look at it and then look at pics of the 2017 Mazda 3, I'm disappointed. I waited a year for this car so I could get it. Now I honestly think I'll just get a Civic sedan or coupe or maybe a Mazda3 or Forte5 SX turbo hatch or maybe, just maybe, a VW GTI. At least with these other cars I can get a manual with premium features and honestly, cleaner looks.

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
crap... you either get manual ... or you get navi and cvt.... can not even choose what I want in my brand new car.... geez.... why can't we get ex-l with manual :(
It can be had in Canada...not sure why we get dissed.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The OP pics all look pretty bad sadly.
Sponsored