2017 Hatchback EX - Random total power loss / fails to start

bensonr2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Hi, I started having issues randomly with my ex hatch and wanted to know if there had been other similar complaints.

Second half of the day yesterday the car randomly failed to start; and while it failed to start it had total power loss ass if the battery was disconnected.

After about 10 minutes the car power seemed to come back on and then the push start started working. The car then acted as if the battery had been disconnected and the HUD showed the initial startup screens. Everything worked normal once it finished the sequence after a few minutes.

After the second incident I ran the car for about 45 min to an hour to charge up the battery in case the battery was going flat (though nothing should have run down the battery and it is the original battery only about 24k miles).

But for a third time the car failed to start after going for about a ten minute drive then sitting for about 10 minutes. It seemed like it took about 10 minutes for it to decide to power on again.

I took it to the dealer service department this morning. I just got off the phone with them. They decided everything is fine. They claim to have tested the battery, the alternator and the push button start and it was all fine.

They also claim they see no record in the computer of a power loss. I made them take it back into the shop to continue looking at it. They said they would have their "more experienced" tech look at it; likely tomorrow.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

xichigox123

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, bensonr2. You are not alone, my friend. My yelp review:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/tracy-hond...opup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

Basically, I bought a brand new civic hatch EX 2018 this year. Did a test drive, it died at a stop sign. Kind of did a reset and just restarted the car by pressing the push start. I'm stupid because I still took the car. Anyway, after all the paperwork, I drove off the lot and entered the freeway, and it happened... I'm still waiting for reimbursement currently. Know it won't happen, but there needs to be justice. Can't be a battery, because mine is brand new. They said loose battery terminal, but I don't believe it. Good luck, man.

Was googling too. Saw a youtube video:

Look at the comments. Someone with the same issue, same year.

Last edited:
OP
OP

bensonr2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
After making them take another look at it they claimed the ground was loose. Since then it hasn't lost power. But I am still skeptical. No one recently touched the battery so I am perplexed as to why it would suddenly be loose.
Sponsored