2017 Hatchback EX - Left Center Air Vent Moves On its Own

lesbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
I've had my 2017 Hatch EX since December, and love almost everything about the car. The biggest complaint I have so far is that the left center vent moves on its own. I'm pretty sure it's related to the temperature, and weight of the vent. Oddly enough it's only ever the left center vent, the others are perfectly aligned.

Around April when the temps started to climb up here in Phoenix, I noticed that if I have my vent pointing up towards the ceiling, run into a store do some shopping or whatever - every single time I come back out and climb back in the vent is pointing down as far as it'll go. Initially I thought I was crazy, but I'm certain there's some sort of minor issue with the vent being front heavy or something and always repositioning itself.

Not a serious inconvenience at all, but it's nice here in the PHX heat to have that vent pointed correctly at all times, for helping avoid the 120 interior temperatures.

Has anyone else noticed or experienced this? Even now that we're down in the 90s it still has to be adjusted every single time I get in the car. Wondering what the magical temperature is...

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Hatchback EX - Left Center Air Vent Moves On its Own civic
Sponsored

CDub_1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L Navi, 1995 Accord EX-L
Country flag
I’ve noticed this on mine as well. It is annoying but once I readjust it, it stays in place. But on those hot days, the initial blast from the vent makes it point up. Weirdest thing ever.

OP
OP

lesbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
I’ve noticed this on mine as well. It is annoying but once I readjust it, it stays in place. But on those hot days, the initial blast from the vent makes it point up. Weirdest thing ever.

Good to know I'm not the only one!!

Madbevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback (CBP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That happens to me. At first I was annoyed about it, but started to appreciate hot air not blowing at me as soon as I start my car. Read somewhere that cars produce chemicals in high heat, whether true or not I thanked my civic for looking out for me.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Nope, hasn't happened to me. I'm in upstate NY, so temps aren't as hot as phx. My wife keeps the vent pointed straight up, and it's stayed that way.
Sponsored