2017 hatch sport fuel grade..

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I'm looking for a commuter so if it won't permanently reduce engine life then I'll opt for regular octane. Originally looked into the touring sedan but the hatchback dual exhaust looks too sexy.
No hint of knocking in mine, and it drives like any other 1.5T when using regular. In this day and age, it should be easy for Honda to program fuel maps/tunes for various octanes.
Sponsored

omigulay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport hatchback
My pre-break in fuel economy was miserable. I think it was somewhere closer to your numbers per tank. Remember since you're in Vancouver and depending on the route you take it will take you through countless hills and stop lights. Posted fuel economies are always extremely optimistic. For example, when I was commuting on Kingsway during rush hour, I was getting ~10 L/100km. Now when I commute off rush hour (and switching to a less busy street), I'm getting around 8.4L/100km.
My daily route includes Kerr, Elliot or Boundary and of course Kingsway...I guess I'll wait and see...

jackquelegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX, 2015 BMW 328i xDrive
Country flag
My daily route includes Kerr, Elliot or Boundary and of course Kingsway...I guess I'll wait and see...
For sure. Fuel economy gets murdered with inclined hill starts (which there are an incredible amount in Vancouver)

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Regular in my 2017 sport for 6 years. Occasionally i put medium or super in it just once in a blue moon. I think whats more important is a fuel system cleaner every once in a while like lucas, royal purple or the BG 44k. Ive used all of these
Sponsored